Divorce

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife has been married 3 years she just got conditional status removed. We are on very friendly terms and are still married but she does not want to stay married. She has a problem with men when she was 6 years old she was molested Then her first husband went with the other woman after only being married 2 months so she does not like being touched by a man and she shows no Intimacy She thought it would be different with me but the emotioal scars are to deep she wants to be by herself. If we get a divorce will they try and deport her she wants to stay in the US for now but does ntot know about the future

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife has been married 3 years she just got conditional status removed. We are on very friendly terms and are still married but she does not want to stay married. She has a problem with men when she was 6 years old she was molested Then her first husband went with the other woman after only being married 2 months so she does not like being touched by a man and she shows no Intimacy She thought it would be different with me but the emotioal scars are to deep she wants to be by herself. If we get a divorce will they try and deport her she wants to stay in the US for now but does ntot know about the future

Sorry to hear this. Try to work it out if you can. Get counseling. If you both love each other, you would try.

-good luck

Divorce has no adverse affect on the LPR. The only affect would be that the wait time to apply for citizenship will lengthen from 3 years to 5 years by not being married to a USC.

Likewise, I am sorry to hear this as well. I also understand. My ex-wife has some emotional scars as well that effected my first marriage. So I understand what you are going through. My deepest sympathies for both of you having to go through this.

As for your question, once you have filed the I-751 and she has her ten year green card it is unconditional. No longer is it tied to the condition of being married to a USC. No problems, no issues, no deportation if divorce occurs.

Hi everyone,

No worries of deportation, she is a Lawful PERMANENT Resident now with NO conditions on the residence.

If married 3 years, why not see if she wants to become a citizen, she can petition for citizenship at 3 years of marriage, but will have to wait until the 5 year anniversary of LPR status to file for citizenship after the divorce.

Her being a US citizen satisfies the I-864 that you filed to sponsor her.

Hi everyone,

No worries of deportation, she is a Lawful PERMANENT Resident now with NO conditions on the residence.

If married 3 years, why not see if she wants to become a citizen, she can petition for citizenship at 3 years of marriage, but will have to wait until the 5 year anniversary of LPR status to file for citizenship after the divorce.

Her being a US citizen satisfies the I-864 that you filed to sponsor her.

Thank You so much for the support and Info I love her very much and I am willing to do anything to save our marriage, we have spent many days talking about this. but she does not want to stay married she feels she made a huge mistake by marrying in the first place. Her main purpose for staying here is so her son can finish school because if they go back to China he will be far behind. After His schooling she will most likely return to her family and work in China where she is a doctor cardioigist. Thanks Again

Thank You so much for the support and Info I love her very much and I am willing to do anything to save our marriage, we have spent many days talking about this. but she does not want to stay married she feels she made a huge mistake by marrying in the first place. Her main purpose for staying here is so her son can finish school because if they go back to China he will be far behind. After His schooling she will most likely return to her family and work in China where she is a doctor cardioigist. Thanks Again

Man, how anyone would want to return to China to live from Hawaii is beyond me.

I'm sorry to hear of your situation KonaJim.

Good luck and hang loose! :Dah: