PJ, Don, pleases pin letter to Harty

As a forward, please add your name to the following letter by e-mailing Carl (Argyle) at Namecheckpending@aol.com. He need you to state that you wish your name added to the letter. He will also CC: (carbon copy) this letter to news groups and need a second confirmation statement from you to add your name to this as well. This letter is going to Harty, You can also add your GUZ # also. It will be handled only by Carl and sent to Harty at DOS. For those waiting endlessly for namechecks, now is the time to let DOS know how you feel....

Dear Assistant Secretary Harty,

As you are aware, since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, our government has drastically changed the immigration process. I certainly understand and approve of making our country more secure. I¡¯ve spent most of my adult life in the service of our country helping to keep it secure. But, I doubt that these new visa regulations have really made our country more secure. Richard ¡°shoe bomber¡± Reid, as a resident of a western European country, didn¡¯t even need a visa to enter this country.

The laws and regulations which were on the books governing immigration to our country prior to September 11, 2001 were more than adequate, but were haphazardly enforced. These new regulations haven¡¯t made our country more secure, but they have created hardships and endless delays for ordinary Americans who just want to be reunited with their loved ones.

We the undersigned have filed petitions with the State Department in order to bring our loved ones to live with us in the United States of America. Many of us have been waiting on our petitions for more than one year. These incredible delays are due to a mysterious, secretive name check process.

We can¡¯t find out why our name checks haven¡¯t been approved. Our calls to the State Department have been unproductive. Some of the representatives are very kind and supportive; some are rude and brusque, but this name check process is completely beyond their control and they have no authority over it. They can¡¯t tell us anything except that our name checks are either still pending, or still on hold.

If we could find out why our name checks have been delayed, we might be able to do something about it. For example, if the problem is that a required form from a police agency in China has not been completed; our fianc¨¦es or wives could contact the relevant agency in China, and resolve the problem. Yet, the FBI refuses to say why they have not finished name checks.

It appears that these name checks are done in no particular order. This is neither fair nor just. Some of the older cases are hopelessly stalled with their name checks on hold or simply pending. Yet, some newer cases go from start to finish while the older cases remain on hold.

These name checks should be completed in a few weeks at most, but some have been waiting several months. For example, my fiancee's name check has been pending for almost ten months.

These delays are unwarranted and serve no useful purpose. Residents of Western Europe can enter this country without visas. This includes European residents who could be sympathetic to Islamic extremists. Yet, they are not subjected to these extraordinarily long delays in coming to our country.

Not one instance of terrorism against the United States has ever been committed by a Chinese lady. Our wives and fianc¨¦es represent no threat to this country. We are loyal, dedicated, devoted citizens who have endured this agonizing process far too long, and we just want our fianc¨¦es and wives here with us.

Please help us to correct this injustice.

--------------------

NOA1 May 10, 2002

NOA2 June 5, 2002

P3 Returned to GZ September 1, 2002

P4 Not yet

Namecheck still pending

Great letter, I have just sent you my information. You really hit the nail on the head with this letter. But will it get a reply? Not important, at least they will know we are a unit and not just individuals that don't deserve a reply.

I am really proud of the board getting back on it's feet. It is difficult to hit your head on a wall and expect a different result each time, but this is the only tool we have to chip away at the wall. I am proud of all of the truly great Americans here. :blink: :( B)

I am really proud of the board getting back on it's feet. It is difficult to hit your head on a wall and expect a different result each time, but this is the only tool we have to chip away at the wall. I am proud of all of the truly great Americans here. :P  :D  :P

Great letter R2! May it get speedy results. We are proud of you too my friend. :D :angry: :angry:

Hi All,

So far I have only 24 signatures for our letter to Asst. Secretary Harty, but it's still early. I know there are lots more of us waiting on this name check!

This letter is posted on some other boards as well, and I have already gotten some replies from those. I would like to have at least 100 signatures on this when we send it.

Thanks!

Hi All,

So far I have only 24 signatures for our letter to Asst. Secretary Harty, but it's still early.  I know there are lots more of us waiting on this name check!

This letter is posted on some other boards as well, and I have already gotten some replies from those.  I would like to have at least 100 signatures on this when we send it.

Thanks!

Twenty-four co-signers is not that small of a number! You will get some more but I doubt if you get 100 because the most I got on my second group letter was 88 back when everyone was delayed at the beginning of the namecheck process. I suggest you 24+ start like a web ring of email for discussion of your issues and all 24+ would get a CC of the discussions between the various members. This is what the Russia guys did, the ones who were caught by the new delay which started in Moscow in late July last year. Of course you have Candle for the broad statements but it would build a stronger feeling of consensus for you guys to email among each other.

After the letter has been posted for a while you will be anxious to go ahead and send it. I believe you will get a reply from Harty and staff. I will be glad to know that they have been made aware again that this problem has not gone away.

Guest dhofeller

Thank You Carl

Thank you for writing this letter, I have written Harty’s office many time before and they say it is out of there hands.

Sijun and I have been waiting 14 months now for her K1 visa. Currently, I'm told that it is still in the name check phase where it has been pending for the past 8 months.

I would like you to add my name to the letter to Harty. I think you must canvas the news groups and congress members as well, you can add my name to any one you send this letter. How about sending this letter to the head of Homeland Security, Tom Ridge.

Thank you,

David and Sijun

Very good letter indeed, I wish I could add our name but we are approved and past the waiting point, just starting the rest of the papers in the states.

Thanks for your support in absentia, but if you vote, and this board has helped you in the past-especially the current board members-then you can certainly sign a petition. :D

Hi All,

We've had a great response today and picked up a dozen more signatures.

Also, a couple of people wrote offering support, even though their name checks have cleared. At first I though it might not be necessary to include those names, but the good and wise R2D2 is right again... as usual! :D

I will also include those names and make note by them that their name checks have cleared, but they are supporting this petition.

I know there are several members who have cleared this namecheck and many others who have their wives here with them. Can we get your support on this also?

Best Wishes