Rings (one or two)

You have mail. Woof.

A Paper Ring

If you offer bread or love to one hundred women, how many would choose love? One woman and one man fall in love. The woman noticed that many women had platinum wedding rings. So she told her man ''if I could have a platinum ring I would be so happy". The man had already noticed, but he could not afford such an expensive ring. Not long after that the woman had a birthday, so the man gave her a very special paper ring that was very heavy and very special. The woman put on the paper ring and looked at her hand happily.

Later the woman married, but to a different man. The man who gave the paper ring, worked very hard but he could not earn enough money, and would often send her letters. She loved him but she chose the man with money, so she married a rich man. After she married she had all the jewellery she wanted, adorned from head to toe with platinum and gold. She kept the paper ring her drawer box. One day her rich husbands business ran into trouble because of bribery, and he ended up in prison. After she had mourned the loss of her rich husband, she remembered the man who had given her the paper ring.

One day the woman accidentally met the man on the street. The man generously invites her to his home. It turns out that the man had already married and was living in a rental apartment. She noticed that the home the man had was still very simple. His wife brought some tea, and to woman noticed that his wife was wearing a paper ring like the one she had been given. After leaving the woman realized that the man had become very happy. And that his wife had a lot more than her because her husband is with her and not in prison.

Later the woman read an article in a magazine. The topic of the article is "Paper Ring", and it was written by the man. After she read the article the woman understood everything. She went back to her drawer box and found the old dusty paper ring. She very carefully opened the paper ring to find a real platinum ring inside. The article said that he had to sell his blood to afford this ring at that period. Because the woman who he loved had a birthday soon and there was no other way to save or borrow enough money. The woman began to cry but her tears disappeared as they mixed with the rain. The woman carefully wrapped the ring back into the paper. And no matter where the woman went, from that day on she always wore her paper ring. Her colleagues at work said that her ring was very exquisite, and very creative. And they asked her who had given it to her, and she said "there are some things in the world, that you don't realize how precious they are until you lose them". The "some things" the woman spoke of, was love.

Let's see if I can post "the paper ring" story in Chinese. Send this to your lady and see how she reacts. I had this story converted to Chinese and I sent it to my lady to guage her reaction.

==================================

Ò»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó

Èç¹ûÄãÒª100¸öÅ®ÈËÑ¡Ôñ»òÕß°®Çé»òÕßÃæ°ü£¬Ë­»áÑ¡Ôñ°®Ç飿

Ò»¸öÄÐÈ˺ÍÒ»¸öÅ®ÈËÏà°®ÁË£¬Õâ¸öÅ®ÈË¿´µ½ºÜ¶àÅ®ÈËÓа׽ð½á»é½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý¸æËßËýµÄÄÐÈË£º¡°Èç¹ûÎÒÓа׽ð½ä×Ó£¬ÎÒ»áºÜ¿ìÀÖ¡±¡£

Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÒѾ­×¢Òâµ½Õâµã£¬µ«ÊÇÂò²»ÆðÕâô¹óµÄ½ä×Ó£¬

²»¾ÃÒÔºóÕâ¸öÅ®ÈËÉúÈÕ£¬ÄÐÈ˸øËýÒ»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó£¬ºÜÖغÜÌرð£¬

Å®ÈË´÷ÉÏÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó£¬¿´¿´×Ô¼ºµÄÊÖ£¬ºÜ¸ßÐË¡£

ºóÀ´Õâ¸öÅ®È˽áÁ˻飬²»¹ýÊǼ޸øÁíÍâÒ»¸öÄÐÈË¡£

ËÍÖ½½ä×ÓµÄÄÐÈ˺ÜÐÁÇڵŤ×÷£¬µ«×¬²»µ½×ã¹»µÄÇ®£¬

Ëû»¹¾­³£¸øÕâ¸öÅ®ÈËдÐÅ£¬Ëý°®Ëû£¬µ«ËýÑ¡Ôñ²¢¼Þ¸øÁËÓÐÇ®ÈË¡£

½á»éºó£¬ËýÓÐÁËËýÏëÒªµÄÖ鱦£¬°×½ð»Æ½ðÊ×ÊδÓÍ·´÷µ½½Å¡£

Ëý°ÑÖ½½ä×Ó·ÅÔÚ³éÌëµÄºÐ×ÓÀÓÐÒ»Ì죬ËýµÄÓÐÇ®ÕÉ·òÉúÒâÉÏÓöµ½Âé·³£¬

ÒòΪÐлßÈëÓü¡£ËýûÁ˸»ÀϹ«£¬ºÜÉËÐÄ£¬ËýÏëµ½ÁËËÍËýÖ½½ä×ÓµÄÄǸöÄÐÈË£¬

ÓÐÒ»Ì죬ËýÔÚ½ÖÉÏÓö¼ûËû£¬Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÑûËýÈ¥¼ÒÀï×ö¿Í£¬

Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÒѾ­½á»é£¬²¢×¡ÔÚ×âµÄ¹«Ô¢À

Ëý¿´µ½Ëû¼ÒºÜ¼òÆÓ£¬ËûÀÏÆÅÉϲ裬ÊÖÉÏ´÷ןÍ×Ô¼ºÄÇÖ»Ò»ÑùµÄÖ½½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý×ßÁË£¬¿´µ½Õâ¸öÄÐÈ˺ܿìÀÖ£¬ËûÀÏÆűÈ×Ô¼º¸»ÓУ¬ÒòΪÓÐÀϹ«ÔÚÉí±ß£¬

¶ø²»Ïó×Ô¼º£¬ÀϹ«×øÀΡ£

ºóÀ´Õâ¸öÅ®ÈËÔÚ±¨Ö½É϶ÁÁËһƪÎÄÕ£¬±êÌâΪ¡°Ö½½ä×Ó¡±£¬

ÊÇÄǸöÄÐÈËдµÄ£¬¶Á¹ýÎÄÕÂÖ®ºóËýÃ÷°×ÁË£¬

Ëý´Ó³éÌëºÐ×ÓÀïÄóöÒѾ­»ý³¾µÄÖ½½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý°ÑÖ½°þ¿ª£¬ÀïÃæÊǸö°×½ð½ä×Ó£¬

ÄÇƪÎÄÕÂ˵£¬Ëûµ±Ê±È¥ÂôѪ£¬²ÅÂòµÃÆðÄǸö½ä×Ó£¬

ÒòΪËûÐÄ°®µÄÅ®ÈËÂíÉÏÒªÉúÈÕÁË£¬Ã»ÓÐÆäËû°ì·¨´æµ½»ò½èµ½½ä×ÓµÄÇ®¡£

Õâ¸öÅ®ÈË¿ªÊ¼¿Þ£¬ËýµÄÀáË®ºÍÓêË®½»ÈÚÔÚÒ»Æð£¬

Ëý°Ñ½ä×Ó°ü»ØÖ½À

´ÓÄÇÌìÆð£¬ÕâÅ®È˲»¹Üµ½ÄÄ£¬¶¼´÷×ÅÖ½½ä×Ó¡£

ËýµÄͬÊÂ˵ËýµÄ½ä×Ӻܾ«Ö£¬ºÜÓд´Ò⣬ÎÊËýÊÇË­¸øµÄ£¬

Ëý˵¡°Õâ¸öÊÀ½çÉÏÓÐЩ¶«Î÷£¬ÒªÊ§È¥Á˲žõµÃÕä¹ó¡£

¡°ÓÐЩ¶«Î÷¡±Õâ¸öÅ®ÈËÖ¸µÄÊÇ°®Çé¡£

Hey Tim, do you have this in English so I know what it says in case she asks me something about it. Still trying to learn Chinese. :rolleyes:

Nice story Tim, and I am all choked up!! :rolleyes:

Now do you want help buying that ring or not??? B) :ph34r:

She moved to Shenzhen correct?? get a ring or suffer from being in Chinese dog house or sleeping very alone!! :blink: :o

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh boy... Whoops, I posted the wrong story. Man I should of checked it first. Well I hope your lady likes erotica. ;)

Hey Tim, I hope you translated this story correctly. I sent it to my girl and if it says something crazy :P ...I will see you soon :draw:

oh boy... Whoops, I posted the wrong story. Man I should of checked it first. Well I hope your lady likes erotica. :P

Hey Tim, I hope you translated this story correctly. I sent it to my girl and if it says something crazy :draw: ...I will see you soon ;)

No Tim, Top, and others, it is a story about a women who ends up realizing she would only need a paper ring, not platinum.

In other words, a Chinese fairy tale!! B) :P

All this talk of culture, and other stuff, blah, blah, they are still women!! ;)

Hey Tim, I hope you translated this story correctly. I sent it to my girl and if it says something crazy :threeques: ...I will see you soon :)

My name is Gino and I approve this translation!! :)

Hi Gordon. Tim did a great job on that. Except it should be "Newspaper" not "Magazine".

Best wishes,

Gino and Lulu

This topic on rings brings up an interesting point.

The younger generation of Chinese women, between 22-42, likes jewelry, and they like rings from their fiance's, because they enjoy much more freedom than generations before them. They have gotten a taste of the western world and they want to be a part of it unlike the generations before them that were isolated and under strict communist rule.

Todays Chinese women are free and being such, they want to enjoy their freedom. I say, "Power to them. Enjoy your freedom, young ladies!"... :)

Ping falls within the age group you mentioned. She does like jewelry, but she has never liked wearing a ring of any kind.

She selected her own engagement and wedding rings. She has no interest in diamonds. Instead, she selected rings that she wants to wear every day, and her commitment to me is that she will always wear them.

I bought the rings she selected. I still offered diamonds. She still refused. I told her I already own an investment grade diamond that we can set in a platinum band. She still refused.

So for us, she wears a beautiful ring that makes her very happy. That is all that matters to me. :threeques:

Hi Topper,

Lulu told me the same thing. She said a rubber band will be ok if I wear the same thing. Are they just melting your heart?

Best wishe,

Gino & Lulu

Let's see if I can post "the paper ring" story in Chinese. Send this to your lady and see how she reacts. I had this story converted to Chinese and I sent it to my lady to guage her reaction.

==================================

Ò»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó

Èç¹ûÄãÒª100¸öÅ®ÈËÑ¡Ôñ»òÕß°®Çé»òÕßÃæ°ü£¬Ë­»áÑ¡Ôñ°®Ç飿

Ò»¸öÄÐÈ˺ÍÒ»¸öÅ®ÈËÏà°®ÁË£¬Õâ¸öÅ®ÈË¿´µ½ºÜ¶àÅ®ÈËÓа׽ð½á»é½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý¸æËßËýµÄÄÐÈË£º¡°Èç¹ûÎÒÓа׽ð½ä×Ó£¬ÎÒ»áºÜ¿ìÀÖ¡±¡£

Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÒѾ­×¢Òâµ½Õâµã£¬µ«ÊÇÂò²»ÆðÕâô¹óµÄ½ä×Ó£¬

²»¾ÃÒÔºóÕâ¸öÅ®ÈËÉúÈÕ£¬ÄÐÈ˸øËýÒ»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó£¬ºÜÖغÜÌرð£¬

Å®ÈË´÷ÉÏÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó£¬¿´¿´×Ô¼ºµÄÊÖ£¬ºÜ¸ßÐË¡£

ºóÀ´Õâ¸öÅ®È˽áÁ˻飬²»¹ýÊǼ޸øÁíÍâÒ»¸öÄÐÈË¡£

ËÍÖ½½ä×ÓµÄÄÐÈ˺ÜÐÁÇڵŤ×÷£¬µ«×¬²»µ½×ã¹»µÄÇ®£¬

Ëû»¹¾­³£¸øÕâ¸öÅ®ÈËдÐÅ£¬Ëý°®Ëû£¬µ«ËýÑ¡Ôñ²¢¼Þ¸øÁËÓÐÇ®ÈË¡£

½á»éºó£¬ËýÓÐÁËËýÏëÒªµÄÖ鱦£¬°×½ð»Æ½ðÊ×ÊδÓÍ·´÷µ½½Å¡£

Ëý°ÑÖ½½ä×Ó·ÅÔÚ³éÌëµÄºÐ×ÓÀÓÐÒ»Ì죬ËýµÄÓÐÇ®ÕÉ·òÉúÒâÉÏÓöµ½Âé·³£¬

ÒòΪÐлßÈëÓü¡£ËýûÁ˸»ÀϹ«£¬ºÜÉËÐÄ£¬ËýÏëµ½ÁËËÍËýÖ½½ä×ÓµÄÄǸöÄÐÈË£¬

ÓÐÒ»Ì죬ËýÔÚ½ÖÉÏÓö¼ûËû£¬Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÑûËýÈ¥¼ÒÀï×ö¿Í£¬

Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÒѾ­½á»é£¬²¢×¡ÔÚ×âµÄ¹«Ô¢À

Ëý¿´µ½Ëû¼ÒºÜ¼òÆÓ£¬ËûÀÏÆÅÉϲ裬ÊÖÉÏ´÷ןÍ×Ô¼ºÄÇÖ»Ò»ÑùµÄÖ½½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý×ßÁË£¬¿´µ½Õâ¸öÄÐÈ˺ܿìÀÖ£¬ËûÀÏÆűÈ×Ô¼º¸»ÓУ¬ÒòΪÓÐÀϹ«ÔÚÉí±ß£¬

¶ø²»Ïó×Ô¼º£¬ÀϹ«×øÀΡ£

ºóÀ´Õâ¸öÅ®ÈËÔÚ±¨Ö½É϶ÁÁËһƪÎÄÕ£¬±êÌâΪ¡°Ö½½ä×Ó¡±£¬

ÊÇÄǸöÄÐÈËдµÄ£¬¶Á¹ýÎÄÕÂÖ®ºóËýÃ÷°×ÁË£¬

Ëý´Ó³éÌëºÐ×ÓÀïÄóöÒѾ­»ý³¾µÄÖ½½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý°ÑÖ½°þ¿ª£¬ÀïÃæÊǸö°×½ð½ä×Ó£¬

ÄÇƪÎÄÕÂ˵£¬Ëûµ±Ê±È¥ÂôѪ£¬²ÅÂòµÃÆðÄǸö½ä×Ó£¬

ÒòΪËûÐÄ°®µÄÅ®ÈËÂíÉÏÒªÉúÈÕÁË£¬Ã»ÓÐÆäËû°ì·¨´æµ½»ò½èµ½½ä×ÓµÄÇ®¡£

Õâ¸öÅ®ÈË¿ªÊ¼¿Þ£¬ËýµÄÀáË®ºÍÓêË®½»ÈÚÔÚÒ»Æð£¬

Ëý°Ñ½ä×Ó°ü»ØÖ½À

´ÓÄÇÌìÆð£¬ÕâÅ®È˲»¹Üµ½ÄÄ£¬¶¼´÷×ÅÖ½½ä×Ó¡£

ËýµÄͬÊÂ˵ËýµÄ½ä×Ӻܾ«Ö£¬ºÜÓд´Ò⣬ÎÊËýÊÇË­¸øµÄ£¬

Ëý˵¡°Õâ¸öÊÀ½çÉÏÓÐЩ¶«Î÷£¬ÒªÊ§È¥Á˲žõµÃÕä¹ó¡£

¡°ÓÐЩ¶«Î÷¡±Õâ¸öÅ®ÈËÖ¸µÄÊÇ°®Çé¡£

Ì«°ôµÄ¶ÌÎÄ!! ÖxÖx·ÖÏí.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

This topic on rings brings up an interesting point.

The younger generation of Chinese women, between 22-42, likes jewelry, and they like rings from their fiance's, because they enjoy much more freedom than generations before them. They have gotten a taste of the western world and they want to be a part of it unlike the generations before them that were isolated and under strict communist rule.

Todays Chinese women are free and being such, they want to enjoy their freedom. I say, "Power to them. Enjoy your freedom, young ladies!"... :)

Ping falls within the age group you mentioned. She does like jewelry, but she has never liked wearing a ring of any kind.

She selected her own engagement and wedding rings. She has no interest in diamonds. Instead, she selected rings that she wants to wear every day, and her commitment to me is that she will always wear them.

I bought the rings she selected. I still offered diamonds. She still refused. I told her I already own an investment grade diamond that we can set in a platinum band. She still refused.

So for us, she wears a beautiful ring that makes her very happy. That is all that matters to me. :threeques:

Hi Topper,

Lulu told me the same thing. She said a rubber band will be ok if I wear the same thing. Are they just melting your heart?

Best wishe,

Gino & Lulu

All I can say to that is WOW

Well I sent Ada the "Paper Ring" story and now I will wait to see what she says. I'm sure it will be along the same lines as she has said already. She doesn't need lots of money. She comes from one of the western provinces next to Tibet. Now she lives in Shenzhen and I think a sister or sister-n-law of hers lives in Hong Kong.

I believe she grew up with good family values and is now looking for her own family. I just want to do right by her and make sure she knows that also.

:threeques:

K-1 guys ... many of you are experiencing clouding of clear thought processes caused, no doubt, by being in love ...

Get her 2 rings.

A nice diamond engagement ring in a platinum or white gold setting, bought in the US where the prices are better and you can get a certified stone. When choosing the size of the diamond remember that many of our ladies are petite with slender hands so a smaller stone will look larger than it would on a "large lady". Sizing can be tricky but most places will resize one time for free when she gets to the US. Giver her the ring in China as a celebration of your engagement or of receiving the visa.

Buy a matching wedding ring at the same time you buy the engagement ring.

Remember ... and explain to her ... she will be living in America. The vast majority of married ladies in America have two rings. Ladies will compare rings ... you want her to be proud and happy ... don't pay too much attention to her protestations of "tooooo much money!" ;)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Rings? Diamonds? One or two? Some women want them and even go so far as to equate the value of the relationship to the size and value of the diamond. I suppose it has something to do with what culture both we and our partners are most familiar. There is no need to buy something that you cannot afford simply to keep pace with someone that can afford it. Also, it may be of little importance to your partner as many Chinese women are not much interested in jewelry.

My wife has a ring, but rarely wears it. On the other hand she likes necklaces and bracelets. It doesn't bother me in the least that she doesn't wear her ring. I wear my wedding band as I'm comfortable doing so.

My gal and I discussed this the other day.

I gave her my diamond ring when I asked her to marry me and told her that she could trade it for a stylish engagement ring if she wants to.

Initially she said no because she was so enthralled by this big ring.

Now she told me she wants both of us to wear a Chinese style gold band.

...she still hasn't decided on the engagement ring.