Another delay even after Pink

Don

We went to pick up the visa today and instead got a letter asking for Ping to return Monday to Wednesday to get fingerprinted for an extra $85.00. Today is thursday, so we must wait till next week.

Anyone else have this happen?

How long will it take to clear after fingerprinting?

Just her or her daughter also? Her daughter is only 15.

thanks for any info.

Don

Wow Don, that's kind of screwed up. Hope it doesn't interfere with your plans for the trip home. Probably just a glitch. Good luck.

I planned for the worse. I planed to be here two mondays so i could return to ACH if needed. Now I will. Ping is the big problem. Does she stay after fingerprint or return home. How fast will they decide? I assume this has something to do with her name? Maybe it could be due to my job, I worked with some materials and technologies banned for export to China. Many others work with these materials, it is not like i am alone in this. Many high tech things are banned for export to china. Will she have to fly back to GUZ to pick up visa? This causes many problems. If they knew they wanted her fingerprints why not ask her to do it Tuesday at interview.

Don,

Sorry to hear yet another delay awaits Ping.

I wonder if there is an FBI delay because they need to sort out her common name. I hope they can get this resolved without another long namecheck. They certainly had her time to thoroughly investigate her then.

Did they take the fingerprint when she arrived for her interview? That might have triggered something too, but that should be sorted out when she arrives, not at this point. Do other CFLers agree?

In any case, I wish you the best. You have been waiting for a long time and certainly want to get started on the rest of your life!

ILS

Don,

Sorry to hear yet another delay awaits Ping.

I wonder if there is an FBI delay because they need to sort out her common name. I hope they can get this resolved without another long namecheck. They certainly had her time to thoroughly investigate her then.

Did they take the fingerprint when she arrived for her interview? That might have triggered something too, but that should be sorted out when she arrives, not at this point. Do other CFLers agree?

In any case, I wish you the best. You have been waiting for a long time and certainly want to get started on the rest of your life!

ILS

They took her 2 index fingerprint when she arrived at appointment, they said that they looked okay. Since they will bill us the $85 US than I think it is the full 10 finger print. I think the 10 finger print is only used for criminal background check, so i assume they could not sort her out from others. Her name is so common and her location makes her suspect. I do not know, we are only guessing and hoping things move quickly.

Don

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats, Don.

She'll be here just in time for Thanksgiving. Hmm, wonder what you'll be thankful for this year?? :lol:

Yes, we will have a lot to be thankful for this year. I am here trying to clean up and get ready for them.

We went to pick up the visa today and instead got a letter asking for Ping to return Monday to Wednesday to get fingerprinted for an extra $85.00. Today is thursday, so we must wait till next week.

Sorry Don,

I maybe a little late in this reply and I am sorry, I am new, just started the K1 visa Aug 08, 2007. but reading through some of the stuff, and I do not know at what point, but the paperwork says my wife, who is in China, will have to get fingerprinted ($85 USA) and a background check ($120 USA) will have to be done. but at what point it does not say. we just got our receipt for K1 on Oct 08, 2007. seems our case is going very slow

Silver

Sorry Don,

I maybe a little late in this reply and I am sorry, I am new, just started the K1 visa Aug 08, 2007. but reading through some of the stuff, and I do not know at what point, but the paperwork says my wife, who is in China, will have to get fingerprinted ($85 USA) and a background check ($120 USA) will have to be done. but at what point it does not say. we just got our receipt for K1 on Oct 08, 2007. seems our case is going very slow

Silver

Usally those are done in the USA. We got cleared and now Ping will be here soon.