Robert S

Is your prose up to the task of helping these "on hold people"? Draft a letter addressing the "FBI" security checks, even though the FBI does not have these people in their computer. Who is doing the checks? Is it another inside outfit that gets the job without bidding like Haliburton and WCOM? :D :huh:

Everything I have heard is that ithe security checks are done by a contract company. Just like all offices of INS (BCIS) are run by a contract company that answers to the government, but there are no checks on the people that work for these contract companies unless complains are registered with the Justice Dept. The contract companies are suppose to run their own security checks on their own people. Talk about a dog guarding a bone???? :huh: :D :P

My prose could handle it, if my mind could understand what the heck is actually happening, or not happening, but with no information I've got nothing to gnaw on. What is this other mysterious agency operating in the black that no one knows the name of?

Come to think of it, though, perhaps this new way of contracting out government work exposes a soft legal underbelly since a private company would be far more accessible by a lawsuit than the gov't is.

My idea for a letter to Harty had been to use some positive reinforcement psychology in the form of a thank-you letter. This would enable us to use the power of numbers, with a lot of people joining in to say thanks for helping us (but we are aware of our newer members having problems).

According to my limited knowledge:

1. The FBI info line we were calling on is for checking the status for finger print check - you will encounter this when you go through AOS. That is why our information did show up in their system. We are NOT in the finger print checking system.

2. It is the FBI put hold on us on hold people. Congressman, KC, AS all confirmed it.

3. Apparently, DOS/CA knows which department inside FBI handles this mess. CA people mentioned that they are in process contacting FBI. We just can not get them to tell us which department is that. If somehow, your letter can get this info from DOS, that will be really great. Then we can mobilize congressman to help us attack the stronghold. Heck, if we can find this info by any means, that will be great too.

4. For our on hold people, DOS/CA is not really the bad guy, they may be on our side for once. :blink: (Sorry, i don't know what I am talking about anymore.)

:( :D :( :P

Everything I have heard is that ithe security checks are done by a contract company.

I do not know if this is entirely true. When I talked to AS yesterday, I asked him whether the security checks were contracted out, and if yes, to whom did FBI contract this work? He said that security checks are too important to be contracted out to the private contractors, and FBI is the one doing it. When I asked for which department in FBI is doing it, he told me he is not sure? ;) :angry: :angry:

I do not know who to believe anymore :(

Christy

My prose could handle it, if my mind could understand what the heck is actually happening, or not happening, but with no information I've got nothing to gnaw on. What is this other mysterious agency operating in the black that no one knows the name of? 

Come to think of it, though, perhaps this new way of contracting out government work exposes a soft legal underbelly since a private company would be far more accessible by a lawsuit than the gov't is. 

My idea for a letter to Harty had been to use some positive reinforcement psychology in the form of a thank-you letter.  This would enable us to use the power of numbers, with a lot of people joining in to say thanks for helping us (but we are aware of our newer members having problems).

Do a mind bend, Robert. You are thankful for having your wife and daughter here now and we are happy for you. We are not interested in thanking people for not doing there jobs and the ones that are are supposed to be doing there jobs are few. There is another crop of on hold people and public and internal pressure needs to be applied. :angry:

The FBI does the name checks.  If they say you aren't in their system then you are probably talking to the fingerprint department, not the name check department.

The DOJ is not paying people 60 to 75K to do security chiecks. These are farmed out to private contractors the same as mail room employees at BCIS. :angry: If you and yours were in the FBI puter, any office could check on status for any reason.

The FBI does the name checks.  If they say you aren't in their system then you are probably talking to the fingerprint department, not the name check department.

The DOJ is not paying people 60 to 75K to do security chiecks. These are farmed out to private contractors the same as mail room employees at BCIS. :angry: If you and yours were in the FBI puter, any office could check on status for any reason.

That is true, they supposely could do that from any office.

But in the case of this mess, I am pretty sure even the most knowledgable person in the FBI phone answering office would not even know there is a "name check" going on.

From what I experienced, the only thing they know about visa and immigration is finger print.