Amount for Visa...

You pay $100 to the CITIC bank, your will need to have Chinese passport handy, they will give you a receipt that you bring to the medical for inclusion in the medical packet, there is a branch in the tall building "CITIC" Center just a few blocks from the consulate.

Currently $100 = 780 RMB, it varies with the exchange rate, K-Visas are $100 or the equivalent in local currency.

Currently $100 = 780 RMB, it varies with the exchange rate, K-Visas are $100 or the equivalent in local currency.

Is IR/1 visa the same?

IR and CR are Immigrant visas so the fee is higher it is $335 + 45 or the local equivalent. $380 = 3078 RMB, however, if you paid $335 to NVC then you only pay $45 or 345 RMB.

SEE (In the section that says read the following carefully): http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/uploads/i...A/2._OF-169.pdf

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks everyone. Easy enough. I prefer the K1 780 yuan price vs. the CR and IR amount!

Micheal, I am not sure myself. Will watch for a response also, but I am not aware of but only one receipt to present at the interview. We save all receipts so if given one or more, we will have them all in case it is required or asked for.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Same here buddy. I destinctly remember reading somewhere that our gals are given 2 receipts from the CITIC Bank?? Maybe I am wrong?? BTW, been reading other earlier interview dates being assigned now and can't understand my 19th? I'm not complaining. : ) I'm psyched. But it's not the best date I could have hoped for. Got hurt on ACH, travel, and SkyMiles. I guess that will make the interview perfect!!!!

Hopefully it'll be lower (price for RMB) with RMB keeps going up. :unsure:

Still a hundred bucks either way. It was RMB830.00 for the longest time until the Chinese government loosened up on their currency.

Clayton, somewhere I heard she gets 2 receipts? Definitely one for the "medical" people, and I thought an extra for something or someone else (perhaps for her own records or for AOS?).

Maybe our fellow CFL'ers will shed some light?

Just 1 receipt for us, it is just added to the medical envelope along with the other consulate forms. if there was a second copy it is not needed for anything else beyond the consulate.

Clayton, somewhere I heard she gets 2 receipts? Definitely one for the "medical" people, and I thought an extra for something or someone else (perhaps for her own records or for AOS?).

Maybe our fellow CFL'ers will shed some light?

Just 1 receipt for us, it is just added to the medical envelope along with the other consulate forms. if there was a second copy it is not needed for anything else beyond the consulate.

Thanks Dan. : )

Yes, you will get 2 receipts. Give one to the medical and they will put it inside the sealed envelope you will bring to the interview. Keep the 2nd receipt and after the pink is received you can throw it away. The 2nd has/was never been asked for or needed (but you never know).

Sunshine didn't have time to get to Citic bank to pay her fee before her medical appointment but was told by the hospital folks in SH it was okay to pay at the consulate.

I didn't know that paying at the consulate was an option until she mentioned it, but she also heard on 001 that doing it that way was okay.

Yes, you will get 2 receipts. Give one to the medical and they will put it inside the sealed envelope you will bring to the interview. Keep the 2nd receipt and after the pink is received you can throw it away. The 2nd has/was never been asked for or needed (but you never know).

Sunshine didn't have time to get to Citic bank to pay her fee before her medical appointment but was told by the hospital folks in SH it was okay to pay at the consulate.

I didn't know that paying at the consulate was an option until she mentioned it, but she also heard on 001 that doing it that way was okay.

Can pay at the CITIC branch down the road from the consulate, and bring the receipt to the interview, it does not need to be in the medical envelope.