• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer some questions... I've correspond with the consulate at least 5 times. My last one was a long letter explaining the situation about phone cards, but got no response so I stopped after the end of March. Most of the early correspondance got answers within 2 weeks but the late ones had none. It's pretty simple why we all use phone cards. It's a lot cheaper, almost 2-3X cheaper at least. I'm seeing my past 2 phone bills in excess of $150 a month not including the ones from pincity or bigzoo.

Anyways, my fiance was for a K1 visa. No e-mails since I didn't meet her online and she has no real computer knowledge. There's at least 50+ phone cards.

Initially she went to the interview alone on March, but after she was denied I sent e-mails to consulate requesting reasons for her denial. No response at all so I finally went after my finals. I took 2 weeks off work and decided to go back to consulate personally to see if that helps. After speaking with the consulate officer, she requested additional evidence and stopped her tracks there. She wouldn't discuss anything else with me just say prove it is a valid relationship. Afterwards, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and instead I got a silly worker (most likely a translator) who went to talk to me in Cantonese. Huh? I prefer speaking in English but anyways I spoke Cantonese with the translator and she said, "The consulate officer will only see you 1 time today. Goodbye." She closed the windows and that was the end.

My fiance will go again to the consulate soon and this time around she'll have additional pictures, phone records, wiring money evidences, and copies of my visa with stamps with boarding passes. Hopefully that will do otherwise, I guess I'll have to find ways to appeal and complain to someone else. What's the process to appeal the decision and who do I appeal it with? I won't be going back this time since I'm now working full time and intend to go back and finish my college education soon. I've put that off long enough...

As for communication, I can speak and understand Cantonese quite fluently since I speak that language with all my family members and relatives. I can't read or write in Chinese though. My fiance barely knows any English but we always speak in Cantonese. So it definitely isn't the language thing for any denials, or can it be?!??

Thanks all, I appreciate all your responses, support and advices that you all provided....

Phone logs are very important. Onesuite.com has detail phone logs and the cost is only 2.9 cents a minute. The quality is quite good. You should also exchange snail mails to your fiancee. I sent at least 8 personal cards (Xmas, New Year, and Birthday) to my fiancee via regular mails. And she sent me about 5 letters. Emails can be artificially created. So they are not real good evidences. However, you should include them too. The more evidences you have, the easier the interview. The fiancee should be confident at the interview - very important. Don't be nervous.

Also, the photos you show them should be intimate (like holding hands and hugging each other). The first photo of the album show us both in a robe holding each other sitting a sofa.

Please everyone remember, these interviews take between 5 and 15 minutes. Each person that does the interview asks for different things, so bring everything you can. Some will look at one photo and pass the visa, others can ask for every financial record of the petitioner. I have heard from many people that have gone through the interview process and I have taken notes. none are the same. Also sometimes it depends if the interview is a Monday or Friday.

Please don't anyone panic, just go with the intention you will pass it and smile at anything they ask. There are some real Bas==== working at the consulate and this black woman has a rep. of being bad. Also a tall white male.

Just passing on what I have heard.

Please everyone remember, these interviews take between 5 and 15 minutes. Each person that does the interview asks for different things, so bring everything you can. Some will look at one photo and pass the visa, others can ask for every financial record of the petitioner. I have heard from many people that have gone through the interview process and I have taken notes. none are the same. Also sometimes it depends if the interview is a Monday or Friday.

Please don't anyone panic, just go with the intention you will pass it and smile at anything they ask. There are some real Bas==== working at the consulate and this black woman has a rep. of being bad. Also a tall white male.

Just passing on what I have heard.

This is very good advice Wolf. We took along everything but the kitchen sink, just in case they asked for it. I remember way back about a year ago, they had one of our board members provide a video tape of himself speaking in Chinese. :angry:

It is hard to predict exactly what they will ask for, so just be prepared.

We had an engagement banquet with tons of people and my best friend videotaped the whole thing. Would they allow my fiancee to bring in a camcorder to show the videotape as evidence of a 'real' relationship?

I second (or third, or fourth) the suggestion about having professional photos taken. Irregardless of whether or not the interviewer wants to look at them, the memories of spending an entire day doing silly poses together and having these wonderful photographs to show friends and family are totally worth it.

Jerry

I posted this earlier on page 1 of this thread, and it applies to the camcorder as well.

"You will not be able to take in a digital camera. Only paper-work, because there are two security checkpoints. First at the manned-gate, and another checkpoint after you enter the Consulate compound. So, it is better to take a dated photo in front of the Consulate. However, any dated photos of the couple will suffice."