Hi,

I submitted my i-129F on August 20. I got the noa1 this past Friday, October 5.

When I went to the USCIS website and entered in the receipt number, it says,

Current Status: Case Rejected

On October 2, 2007, we determined that this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was not properly filed, rejected it, and mailed it back to you with all supporting materials along with a notice describing the reasons the case was rejected. The notice will also describe what will need to be done to properly submit the case.

I'm still waiting for the package to arrive to find out what the reason is. I was very anal about filling out the forms, and even had my lawyer look through it after I was done.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm hoping it's not a big deal and wont delay my case too long. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Usually it's a request for evidence (RFE) the CIS sends out but I think this is the first time I've ever heard of an outright rejection just as soon as you mailed it.

The best thing for you to do now is to call the CIS helpline and see what they can tell you. I would get on the phone right now!

Maybe it isn't a big deal, something that you can correct immediately.

-good luck

Usually it's a request for evidence (RFE) the CIS sends out but I think this is the first time I've ever heard of an outright rejection just as soon as you mailed it.

The best thing for you to do now is to call the CIS helpline and see what they can tell you. I would get on the phone right now!

Maybe it isn't a big deal, something that you can correct immediately.

-good luck

I'm just hoping for the best, that it's an box that's checked incorrectly.

I tried calling USCIS, but since it's Columbus Day today, I think they have the day off.

I picked up the diamond ring on Friday, and I was on cloud 9, but this just brought me back to reality.

Using a lawyer should avoid case rejection as well as RFE, this is not a very good sign that you have a competent lawyer.

The I-129F should have:

• I-129F signed and dated by the petitioner
  • One 4 page G-325A from the petitioner
  • One 4 page G-325A from the beneficiary
  • One passport photo of the petitioner, and a passport photo from beneficiary.
  • A signed letter of intent to marry within the 90 days of the K-1 from beneficiary and petitioner.
  • Evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years
    • Copies of airline tickets
    • Copies of itineraries.
    • Copies of receipts from things purchased when visiting SO
    • Photos together.
    • Copy of passport pages showing entry/exit stamps.
    • Other evidence showing being in same place at same time.

[*] Copy of divorce cert if any from petitioner and/or beneficiary.

[*] Proof that the petitioner is a US Citizen (Either copy of USC birth cert, naturalization doc, or complete copy of passport all pages including cover)

[*] Proper payment NOW $455

Using a lawyer should avoid case rejection as well as RFE, this is not a very good sign that you have a competent lawyer.

The I-129F should have:

• I-129F signed and dated by the petitioner
  • One 4 page G-325A from the petitioner
  • One 4 page G-325A from the beneficiary
  • One passport photo of the petitioner, and a passport photo from beneficiary.
  • A signed letter of intent to marry within the 90 days of the K-1 from beneficiary and petitioner.
  • Evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years
    • Copies of airline tickets
    • Copies of itineraries.
    • Copies of receipts from things purchased when visiting SO
    • Photos together.
    • Copy of passport pages showing entry/exit stamps.
    • Other evidence showing being in same place at same time.

[*] Copy of divorce cert if any from petitioner and/or beneficiary.

[*] Proof that the petitioner is a US Citizen (Either copy of USC birth cert, naturalization doc, or complete copy of passport all pages including cover)

[*] Proper payment NOW $455

I used the VisaJourney list as a guide, and I thought I had a pretty comprehensive list of proof. My lawyer said only 1 signed page of the G325 was needed, so maybe that could be the reason. But I wont know until I receive the package. I'll update you guys as soon as I receive it.

And thanks again for listening to my rants.

Lawyer? :rolleyes:

Yep, we never used one K-1 petition all the way to AOS. Next thing for us is I-751 (Lifting conditions) again I plan on the DIY approach.

For the most part if a case is easy, a good lawyer will just fill out the paperwork and confirm everything is in order. If you have a simple case this can be a DIY process.

I have read of many nightmares of lawyer mass ups, but I suspect this is the exception not the norm.

I used the VisaJourney list as a guide, and I thought I had a pretty comprehensive list of proof. My lawyer said only 1 signed page of the G325 was needed, so maybe that could be the reason. But I wont know until I receive the package. I'll update you guys as soon as I receive it.

One can only speculate at this juncture; however, the lack of a signature on all four pages of the G-325, could very well be the issue.

Each page of this form, has a clearly delineated signature block.

If fact, the page #4 is the one which is routed to the Consulate in Guangzhou.

These are not just repeat (copies) they are each original documents which go to multiple addresses/offices within the system.

I am somewhat surprised (really) that the attorney did not catch this omission; if in fact, all copies must be signed, as it appears they must.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

One can only speculate at this juncture; however, the lack of a signature on all four pages of the G-325, could very well be the issue.

These are not just repeat (copies) they are each original documents which go to multiple addresses/offices within the system.

I am somewhat surprised (really) that the attorney did not catch this omission; if in fact, all copies must be signed, as it appears they must.

That was my thought too. All 4 DO need to be signed.

Guest Rob & Jin

I've read some posts on VJ for this very thing, most seem to be for something not signed or incorrect fee. I'm a little susprised you lawyer said you only need 1 G-325a signed by each of you.

If you have to re-petition I think the Lawyer should pick up the tab for this as they have dropped the ball.

Some of the elder members can correct me , but if it is just a RFE, would they really say its rejected ? Rejected to me implies that the petition is incomplete in some way.

Sorry to hear this has happened you must be bummed, what is your lawyer saying about this ?

I've read some posts on VJ for this very thing, most seem to be for something not signed or incorrect fee. I'm a little susprised you lawyer said you only need 1 G-325a signed by each of you.

If you have to re-petition I think the Lawyer should pick up the tab for this as they have dropped the ball.

Some of the elder members can correct me , but if it is just a RFE, would they really say its rejected ? Rejected to me implies that the petition is incomplete in some way.

Sorry to hear this has happened you must be bummed, what is your lawyer saying about this ?

He will simply re-submit with the correct fee and/or G325A. Only time has been lost.

I left a voicemail for my lawyer, but without having the package in front of me telling me what the specific reason(s) is, I'm just speculating at this point.

I remember a topic in VisaJourney where some people only turned in 1 signed G325 form, and they went through the process without any issues.

Since its a federal holiday today, the post office wont deliver my package until tomorrow. It's gonna be a long night. =(

I left a voicemail for my lawyer, but without having the package in front of me telling me what the specific reason(s) is, I'm just speculating at this point.

I remember a topic in VisaJourney where some people only turned in 1 signed G325 form, and they went through the process without any issues.

Since its a federal holiday today, the post office wont deliver my package until tomorrow. It's gonna be a long night. =(

I have heard of only one G-325A being submitted without any problems. I remember DavidZ saying that he only submitted one page.

Guest Rob & Jin

I have heard of only one G-325A being submitted without any problems. I remember DavidZ saying that he only submitted one page.

Maybe I dont know, but wont the petition be returned to the Lawyer not the Petitioner, as he signed thet G- 28 ? or whatever it is .