Peanut skin

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I just had a conversation about her drinking peanut skins in a sort of tea. She says this helps increase her red blood cell count. Has anyone here ever heard of this? :eatyum:

Charles,

I've heard it now and I wouldn't doubt a word your wife says.

The truth to this is probably somewhat confirmed by the fact that most "American" peanuts are shelled, skinned and polished, removing as much nutritional value as possible in the process.

I'll think I'll try that drink!

Best Regards

My wife and I just had a conversation about her drinking peanut skins in a sort of tea. She says this helps increase her red blood cell count. Has anyone here ever heard of this? ;)

Charles,

The truth to this is probably somewhat confirmed by the fact that most "American" peanuts are shelled, skinned and polished, removing as much nutritional value as possible in the process.

Best Regards

I found an article supporting this info:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...3b2b169dd5b185c

It looks good.

Don

My wife and I just had a conversation about her drinking peanut skins in a sort of tea. She says this helps increase her red blood cell count. Has anyone here ever heard of this? ;)

Charles,

Best Regards

I will try it as well Mike when I go over the end of this month. If banana skin as Eunice says will turn me yellow then add that to my red neck the I will be orange and I can't blame that on the Cheetos :) :)

Charles,

Best Regards

It looks good.

Don

Nice find Don.....but does this translate to more red blood cells? You know us Jawja boys don't understand some of these big words :)

My wife and I just had a conversation about her drinking peanut skins in a sort of tea. She says this helps increase her red blood cell count. Has anyone here ever heard of this? :huh:

Charles,

Best Regards

It looks good.

Don

Nice find Don.....but does this translate to more red blood cells? You know us Jawja boys don't understand some of these big words :(

I understand we spend years learning this language, not so easy to just pick up. I did not buy the whole article, but the abstract says that it is a polyphenol (like green tea, red wine, and blue berries and other food that has strong antioxidiant capabilites). So it does protect your blood vessels and make you live longer. Than it says one thing in the abstract that it does not explain, but it sounded like they are implying that it can make the iron in red blood cells work better to carry oxygen around the body. So it might improve the red blood cells we have and make them more potent. (that might be good) ;)

Don