Out of Answers

Ok, we have been here since March 28th. BCIS still has not entered Li into the data base so no SSN, hence to bank account, no drivers license, ad nauseum. I have repeatedly called BCIS to no avail. They say to call NVC who says to call BCIS, who then says to contact the local service center. However, down in these parts the Regional Center in Atlanta and the Alabama Center in Birmingham refuse to give out or list their phone numbers. No published e-mail addresss either. By there own admission, snail mail will usually take 2-3 months for an answer due to "lack of staffing". Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what we might try at this point. Congressment seem to be unwilling to help. I am at a loss. :( :o

But after so many months of dealing with this system (we started in September 2001), I am not the least bit surprised. :lol:

Ok, we have been here since March 28th. BCIS still has not entered Li into the data base so no SSN,  hence to bank account, no drivers license, ad nauseum. I have repeatedly called BCIS to no avail. They say to call NVC who says to call BCIS, who then says to contact the local service center. However, down in these parts the Regional Center in Atlanta and the Alabama Center in Birmingham refuse to give out or list their phone numbers. No published e-mail addresss either. By there own admission, snail mail will usually take 2-3 months for an answer due to "lack of staffing". Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what we might try at this point. Congressment seem to be unwilling to help. I am at a loss. :lol:  :)

But after so many months of dealing with this system (we started in September 2001), I am not the least bit surprised. :(

Mick.

This is aweful. Unbelievable. Suggest you contact the BCIS office at her POE to see why she has not be logged in yet.

Oh, by the way, we filed AOS/EAD/AP through the Atlanta regional center. Got back the certified mail receipt so I know they received it. Haven't heard a thing from them yet on any of the three petitions. I have heard some horror stories about the Atlanta center. As we live in extreme north Alabama, we may move back across the Tennessee border, file change of address, and have our case thus transferred to the Memphis Center. It seems things run a little better there. It seems we have climbed out of one black hole, only to be sucked into another. :angry: