24sep07 interview 26sep07 passport pickup

ch1ch1

hi all:

my SO had her interview on 24th this past Monday. the consulate told her to come back and pick up her passport along with visa on 26th. and that's today. she arrived at the consulate about 9:10 am and was told that her visa wasn't "shipped" in yet. so she had to wait for another day and come back tomorrow. she then waited a little bit to hear if others' in similar situation. it turns out, there were a lot of people didn't get their passports back today.

my first question, where would the passports be "shipped" from? aren't the visa printed and issued in the consulate??

secondly, it's more of a poll i'm trying to start here. how many people actually get their passport with visa back today? i'd like to get some stats if you don't mind.

(my SO's little worried since it's says the consulate can still reject her visa request between the pink slip and visa being issued. she's worried that her case is being reviewed once again and may be turned down.)

hi all:

my SO had her interview on 24th this past Monday. the consulate told her to come back and pick up her passport along with visa on 26th. and that's today. she arrived at the consulate about 9:10 am and was told that her visa wasn't "shipped" in yet. so she had to wait for another day and come back tomorrow. she then waited a little bit to hear if others' in similar situation. it turns out, there were a lot of people didn't get their passports back today.

my first question, where would the passports be "shipped" from? aren't the visa printed and issued in the consulate??

secondly, it's more of a poll i'm trying to start here. how many people actually get their passport with visa back today? i'd like to get some stats if you don't mind.

(my SO's little worried since it's says the consulate can still reject her visa request between the pink slip and visa being issued. she's worried that her case is being reviewed once again and may be turned down.)

Hi there. I take it you're not in GZ with your SO?

Unless they changed the procedure, I don't think you have the procedure correct in your mind. Your SO will NOT go to GUZ to pick up her visa. She will go to a nearby China Post Office to pick up her visa. The visa is "shipped" in from GUZ to the Post Office where the visa applicants pick up their processed visa.

Most of the time the visa is ready for pickup in two business days, but sometimes it's taken longer than two days.

It's possible that your SO may have her visa approval rescinded--that has happened before--but the chances are extremely low, almost non-existent. I don't think you should worry about that possibility. Most likely your SO will receive her visa the next business day.

Good luck!

The consulate generates the Visa Stamp an places it in the passport, they then mail the whole package, (Passport with visa, and the sealed immigrations envelope) to either a post office near the consulate or to any address in Guangdong province. You cannot pick it up at the consulate. NOTE: DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED BROWN IMMIGRATIONS ENVELOPE!
No one gets the passport the same day as interview, it is always mailed out a day or so after the interview.

Yes this is so that they can do some last minute decision, it does happen where the visa applicant is approved at the interview, only to get their passport back with a blue or even white slip in the mail. (This is quite rare.)

Example: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=24312&hl=

You stated: NOTE: DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED BROWN IMMIGRATIONS ENVELOPE!

Please, when stating something please clarify for those of us who have not gone through this process.

Can you please clarify what the sealed brown immigration envelope is. Is this what you receive after the interview? What is inside the envelope? When do you receive this envelope?

Thx,

Carlos

Carlos,

The way it worked for Ling and I, we got a green packge at the China Post Office several blocks from the Consulate. Inside this was Lings passport, with her K-1 VISA stamp inside, and a brown sealed envelope containing all the entry papers needed to enter the USA. This will be opened by the imigration officials at your point of entry in to the United States. I think it is mostly the papers you will submit for your SO's interview.

Hopt that helps,

Obie