Easiest interview ever and other random ramblings

Kris-Jing

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is just pure speculation, but why is it that they would suspect people from one area and not another?

I ask this because we live in Suzhou, so I am hoping I am in the limited review area ;)

It is not speculation. GUZ certainly does keep count. Statistically, GUZ sees a lot more cases suspected of fraud from Fujian and GuangXi province than other provinces. Now that doesn't mean every case from FuJian or GuangXi province is fraudulent. But the numbers show that more fraud cases come through there and thus applicants from these two provinces, especially FuJian, get a lot more scrutiny. It really does suck for the innocent applicants from FuJian and GuangXi. :P

Can't comment on SuZhou as I haven't looked into it, but I don't recall JiangSu province getting extra scrutiny.

Hey Kris... what am I, about 1000 feet from you if you are still in GUZ.... ha ha.. congrats on the pink....

I am curious how soon Jing number got called from where you were in line this morning... As you know at ACH.. the numbers were not called in order.. figure it is the same for the interviews..

>L

She was almost dead last. got back to the hotel right at noon.

congrats!

be a little careful with the actual visa pickup process. i just called my SO, who passed her interview 2 days ago (Monday GUZ time). she was told to pick up her visa today, however she didn't get it. in fact, a lot of people didn't get their passports back today. you may have to wait an extra day or so.

Once Jing finally got her turn today things couldn't have been easier. VO was an Asian guy, she said his English was pretty poor and she had a hard time understanding him. But like any proud Shanghainese girl, she wasn't going to switch to Mandarin. Turns out it was no big deal. He asked for her passport, she asked if he wanted mine also, he said sure and gave it a quick look. Then asked her for the I-134. She asked if he wanted the copies of my paychecks, employment letter, etc, he just said no, he didn't need any of that, and congrats, you pass.

This whole process couldn't have been easier. Our circumstances are outside of what seems to be the norm here in a few ways, I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but it certainly couldn't have hurt.

Congrats on your SO's interview success. :) Have a safe flight back to the US.

As my wife (SO at the time) is from Shanghai as well, I looked into this in depth (with DavidZ's help) and it seems there are VERY FEW--perhaps only one case on CFL--where a Shanghai SO was issued a blue slip. Almost everyone's SO from Shanghai has passed very easily and received PINK on their first try.

In our case, my then-SO didn't even get to give my I-134 to her VO. He asked 8 quick questions, looked over some of our photos and asked for my taxes and then issued her PINK. All told, it took less than 5 minutes for the entire interview.

It does royally suck for some SOs from other parts of China who have to endure much greater scrutiny, but there is good evidence from CFL that SH SOs have a very easy time at the GUZ interview.

that's exactly what happened to my SO as well! Fiona's from Shanghai and her VO asked her 8 easy questions, no i-134 and only photos and taxes. how interesting!

Kris, Congratulations to you both !!! :) :angry:

It was nice to see you at the ACH yesterday !!!

Again, much happiness for your future !!! ;)

Roger and Hongxia

Hey Kris... what am I, about 1000 feet from you if you are still in GUZ.... ha ha.. congrats on the pink....

I am curious how soon Jing number got called from where you were in line this morning... As you know at ACH.. the numbers were not called in order.. figure it is the same for the interviews..

>L

She was almost dead last. got back to the hotel right at noon.

Hey kris...i think i saw your SO at the restaurant in the Citic plaza across from westin hotel...not sure...my wife and i were dinning after we went to the post office to pick up the visa on 9/26...(visa wasn't available ..we had our interview 9/24..and we got nervous)..finally picked it up 9/27....i thought i recognzied your SO's face from CFL..anyway..i might be wrong..and my wife is from shanghai too...congra on the pink..

andy