K-3 Denial Overcome

Carlos

As I stated in my posting yesterday, my wife was denied the K-3 visa. We have to provide copies of e-mails and IM's (which is not a problem) which is asked for K-1.

GUZ wants her to mail the info to them. So, how long is it going to sit in GUZ after she sends it?

Thx,

Carlos

Guest Rob & Jin

As I stated in my posting yesterday, my wife was denied the K-3 visa. We have to provide copies of e-mails and IM's (which is not a problem) which is asked for K-1.

GUZ wants her to mail the info to them. So, how long is it going to sit in GUZ after she sends it?

Thx,

Carlos

Thats pretty much up to them, they do not specify a response time to posted evidence. Also they have to accept what you send to them as enough to satisfy them, so maybe month or so, just depends

Pick a range of emails starting at the beginning, here is where you get to be in control of your destiny so use the chance wisely.

One email from you and one from her in response or the other way around for each month since your initial meeting online. Keep them organized by date, the oldest first seems to be reasonable. Bind them together with something like an Arco fastner so they stay together as a single bundle. Keep this to no more than 1 inch thick. Remember, they want to see the history of your relationship.

The idea is to make it extremely easy for them to review the emails and make a decission. If you just dump 100 emails in an express envelope loose, they will review them, but it will take much longer or possibly they would return the evidence with another blue slip.

Be sure they didn't ask for pictures or anything else, but don't supply anything more than they requested. In this case if you have phone records they would fit the request they have made.

There is no time frame given for reviewing the evidence, but a neat and organized package that makes it easy for someone to review is usually the fastest method to get a quick response.

Forgot to metion, a nice cover letter listing the contents is a good idea for mail delivery.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

I guess that I should be happy that all she has to do is mail the information in instead of going to another GUZ appointment. Once GUZ receives the documents to prove our relationship, what happens when they approve the visa (I am guessing that they will approve by the info that they receive)? Do they call her? Does she go to GUZ to get the visa?

Please be detailed in the explanation. I want to make sure I don't miss anything this time.

Once GUZ receives the documents to prove our relationship, what happens when they approve the visa (I am guessing that they will approve by the info that they receive)? Do they call her? Does she go to GUZ to get the visa?

Please be detailed in the explanation. I want to make sure I don't miss anything this time.

Greetings Carlos,

A friend of mine and his fianc¨¦ went through a similar problem; they got a blue slip indicating they needed more evidence of a bona-fide relationship, and a missing police certificate from one of the places she lived. They mailed that to GUZ, about 3 months later she got a letter instructing her to come to the consulate at 2PM on such and such day....and bring your passport.

It was a Monday, she did and they took her passport and instructed her to return on Wednesday......she did and they gave her a pick slip. She picked up her VISA on that Friday.

Hope this helps

Obie

I hope I do not have to wait another 3 months. At least all we need is the proof of relationship.

If that doesn't work, it will be time to commence a court action and request monetary damages.

Collect damages for what? Waiting time for their normal processing and deliberation?

Just be happy you have an easy bar to meet unlike some who receive 3 blue slips over a period of a year, or must wait for CCP membership decissions, or heaven forbid get a white slip.

I hope I do not have to wait another 3 months. At least all we need is the proof of relationship.

If that doesn't work, it will be time to commence a court action and request monetary damages.

Collect damages for what? Waiting time for their normal processing and deliberation?

Just be happy you have an easy bar to meet unlike some who receive 3 blue slips over a period of a year, or must wait for CCP membership decissions, or heaven forbid get a white slip.

yep... you ain't seen nothing yet... what GUZ can do to your life... how about unannounced visits to your SO to go through her house and trash to see if she's telling the truth :P

Be happy to submit overcome and be done with it.. anyway, I hope it works out for you two that easily.

You can bring a court action for constitutional violations. I am surprised that people who have had many issues have not commenced a court action. Court actions have a very good way of resolving issues.

Is this your first time dealing with DOS?

I'm not so sure I would apply that logic here... their authority is a federal one for immigration oversight. I just think your barking up the wrong tree.. just do what they ask in the process and be done with it.

It'll never work. Obviously, you forget who you are dealing with here. You can forget about a visa if this is the path you choose. Your case would take years to conclude with the government. Much more longer than it would take to get a visa. The government can stall it forever. And don't forget; they come to this site now and again.

You can bring a court action for constitutional violations. I am surprised that people who have had many issues have not commenced a court action. Court actions have a very good way of resolving issues.

Carlos.

Remind me. What part of The Constitution guarantees you or any of us the right to bring a foreign born spouse or fiancee to this country?

Or even to do it in a timely manner? This is the government we're dealing with. As others have said, they hold ALL the cards. You sue, they say "This is a homeland security issue", end of story/you lose. Or, they'll just decide that they suspect fraud. Who do you think a judge is going to listen to, you or them?

Now if these posts are just you blowing off steam then,by all means, blow away. Lots of people like to vent here to sympathetic ears. But if you're really serious then you're kidding yourself big time, not to mention wasting valuable time and energy better devoted to things you can actually control.

The members who've offered their advice/opinions to you so far are as knowledgable about this process as you'll find anywhere. Do yourself a favor and use it.

Good luck.