K-3 Visa Interview - Denied

Carlos

I think it's fairly simple really..

They have received a case with various 'proofs' submitted over the last year.. they are asking the person at the interview to verify this information. If the person cannot even verify basic information, then some VOs will simply not want to issue a visa...

Once we hear the exact questions asked and in what order will maybe reveal some more about the interview and VO...

Carlos what DavidZ is saying here is exactly how it works. I see you joined in April of this year. All of this info was here waiting for you all of this time. If you tell us more details then we can try and help you more.

Chilton and Ty are right. All the info you needed to know was here. It sounds like you may have done just the bare minimum you thought you needed to do. You are at their mercy like it or not. Give them what they want and then some. Do some more research here in the Links and Resources section,especially David's extensive "kitchen sink" list.

At this point it's not about what you think of the VO or what you knew before the interview. That's water under the bridge. You need to do all you can to prepare whatever overcome evidence they want. That's the ONLY way you're going to ultimately get it.

Sorry if this sounds preachy, but from reading your posts it sounds like you kind of expected to just fill out some forms,send them in and have the visa handed to you as a matter of convenience. As the rest of us here can attest, it doesn't quite work that way.

Aside from the inconvenience of some added time, it sounds like you won't have too much trouble if you just give 'em what they want.

Good luck.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

My wife and I had been married 14 months at the time of her interview. While we were waiting for P3 and P4 Carl and Bing received their blue slip. I think everyone on CFL at that time panicked.

When my wife had her interview she went in with the kitchen sink, about 15 pounds of notebooks with every piece of paper we had touched and a large assortment of photos with family and friends, and my passport.

I had the attorney Kings contact information if needed. I had information regarding filing an open records request, where to make a video tape of us communicating if requested.

The interview can't be approached as a mere formality. You'll have to jump through the consulates hoops now.

Good luck on your overcome.

Guest Rob & Jin

Wish I would have known about this in advance. I read the instructions and the K-1 visa asked for evidence of the relationship. The K-3 visa did not. I provided everything the K-3 asked for.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. But you must prove ongoing relationship, # of visits, photos from each visit, emails, letters, dvd of you talking on cam, whaterever you can muster. they might ask, they might not, but you should have taken it to interview. Visa fraud is a problem in china and its your responsibility to prove otherwise to them.

If it was a blue slip you can overcome with the evidence they will have asked for, if white, get a lawyer in Guz now, oh and be there (in china) for the overcome appointment.

13 months apart with no proof of any ongoing communication is pretty suspiscious for having a bonafide relationship.

Good luck

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

We have ongoing communication for 13 months. Problem is, I did not see where we had to provide K1 evidence. If I would have known we would have printed out and been prepared.

You are providing evidence, K-1- K3 it is the same, all the info you needed was here on this site for you to read. There are a huge number of very knowledgable folks here (i'm not one of them), but its seems you went into this pretty naively, read some posts, ask the clever people like Mikey and Roger some questions you wont look back

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

We have ongoing communication for 13 months. Problem is, I did not see where we had to provide K1 evidence. If I would have known we would have printed out and been prepared.

That's ok Carlos, now you know. Now get this to GZ asap and then wait a little while longer and you will be ok. Try not to worry so much. There are others on here that have been waiting a lot longer than you have. Hang tough, listen to the experts here on CFL, and you will be ok.

Here's the Consulate link for K3 forms.. see the "Letter to K3", it explains what should be brought to the interview... of course, our site says more than this to bring.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_packet_forms3.html

---

Again, it's fairly simple why they don't want to see formally staged and set-piece pictures.. get the point? One is always better to have informal pictures in various settings and trips.