K-3 Visa Interview - Denied

Carlos

Well, my wife just phone me and tole me that she was denied. I do not know any more than that. I am very frustrated. 13 months of waiting for a no.

Believe me we can understand the frustration. You need to find out if she received the blue slip or the white slip. Makes a world of difference between the two.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Carlos.

I am waiting for my wifes e-mail. But from my understanding, she said that she was denied the K-3 visa because she did not bring any e-mails to show that we e-mail each other. And, that she did not bring any pictures to show that I was in China. This does not make sense because to get married in China, I had to be there. They take your picture and put it in a passbook.

Anyone have any idea?

GZ is a different animal. You have to deal with the USCIS as well as he DOS. The USCIS only approves for security purposes. GZ decides if the relationship is bona fide.

Just to expand on this...

USCIS says whether you meet the requirements for your SO to file for a visa; DOS decides whether the visa is issued.

A bona fide relationship is needed for both stages really... It just appears that DOS is more concerned about it since they are the one to ultimately issue a visa (or not).

I think it's fairly simple really..

They have received a case with various 'proofs' submitted over the last year.. they are asking the person at the interview to verify this information. If the person cannot even verify basic information, then some VOs will simply not want to issue a visa...

Once we hear the exact questions asked and in what order will maybe reveal some more about the interview and VO...

Sounds to me like she didn't take enough evidence of relationship with her to the interview. Just being married and taking a few pictures of your wedding isn't enough. They want to see evidence of an on going relationship. Any scammer could hire someone to come to China and marry them then take a few pictures to take to the interview. Give them what they want in spades.