K3 Visa - Vaccination prior to Interview?

Carlos

I read in a post that someone received a blue because the vaccination was not done prior to the interview. My wife states that the doctor told her the visa must be approved prior to vaccination.

Which is correct? Vaccination before or after visa?

Thx,
Carlos

TIMELINE
K-3 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage : 2006-08-16
I-130 Sent : 2006-11-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2006-11-09
I-129F Sent : 2006-11-21
I-129F NOA1 : 2006-12-07
I-129F RFE(s) : 2007-02-15
RFE Reply(s) : 2007-03-01
I-129F NOA2 : 2007-03-16
NVC Received : 2007-03-22
NVC Left : 2007-04-02
Consulate Received :
Packet 3 Received : 2007-06-13
Packet 3 Sent : 2007-06-15
Packet 4 Received : 2007-08-06
Interview Date : 2007-09-24 Submit Review
Visa Received :
US Entry :
I-130 Approval : 2007-03-16

The medical is done prior to the interview. She went to the hospital in GUZ. Though she completed her medical, she did not receive any vaccinations. The doctor told her she would receive the vaccinations after the visa approval.

Humm... CR1 is very different...

K1 and K3 have to do AOS and get shots in the US... maybe that is what you are referring to...

There are about 4-5 hospitals in GUZ that you can do medical at.

OK, i found these posts from Aug 07...

by tywy_99 aug 2007

She will need the necessary vaccinations for applying for permanent residence. There are 3 shots involved; varicella (chicken pox), tetanus/diptheria, and the MMR. All of these are simple shots and shouldn't be a problem to obtain in China. These are the 3 that the civil surgeon looks for. The TB skin test, another simple test, may be needed also.

I think she can but I think most people wait until they get to the states. People have reported in the past getting the shots done in China. They say it is less expensive. So, it is possible to get the vaccinations done in China but it is just as easy to do it all here in the states because once married, you can have your health insurance pay for it all. Just be sure to have a record on it. In China, they use a yellow record book which will work with any civil surgeon. Either way, it should be easy and straight forward to accomplish.

>L

Edited by LGR_WEI (see edit history)

The medical is done prior to the interview. She went to the hospital in GUZ. Though she completed her medical, she did not receive any vaccinations. The doctor told her she would receive the vaccinations after the visa approval.

Humm... CR1 is very different...

K1 and K3 have to do AOS and get shots in the US... maybe that is what you are referring to...

There are about 4-5 hospitals in GUZ that you can do medical at.

OK, i found these posts from Aug 07...

by tywy_99 aug 2007

She will need the necessary vaccinations for applying for permanent residence. There are 3 shots involved; varicella (chicken pox), tetanus/diptheria, and the MMR. All of these are simple shots and shouldn't be a problem to obtain in China. These are the 3 that the civil surgeon looks for. The TB skin test, another simple test, may be needed also.

I think she can but I think most people wait until they get to the states. People have reported in the past getting the shots done in China. They say it is less expensive. So, it is possible to get the vaccinations done in China but it is just as easy to do it all here in the states because once married, you can have your health insurance pay for it all. Just be sure to have a record on it. In China, they use a yellow record book which will work with any civil surgeon. Either way, it should be easy and straight forward to accomplish.

>L

K-visas do not have to have vaccinations before interview. You can do them in China where it is cheaper or wait until she get to the US and do them before AOS