Still on hold

I am a newbie to the site, but congratulations for a job well done.

My wife wife's Priority Date is 18-APR-2002 and actual interview at Guangzhou was 12-AUG-2002

The latest information we have is an e-mail reply from Guangzhou dated Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:24:24 +0800 (they did reply in only one day)

"Dear Mr. Krout Thank you for your email, we have not received the stateside notice that your wife's namecheck is completed, once we can issue her a visa, we will contact her by express mail. sincerely yours immigrant visa unit "

After over a year waiting on a K-1 filed OCT-2000, we then had Guangzhou mess that one up and scheduled my fiancee's daughter for the fiancee interview. Guangzhou's "solution" was that we would have to start over and file again. (I double checked the paperwork copies I had and they were filled out correctly) By that point I had decided that it was easier for me to move to China and work anyway, so I was already living in Dalian. I checked with Shenyang Consulate and they informed us that it was no problem to get married and that my new step-daughter would be included in my wife's application since the daughter was not yet 21. Therefore, we were married March 3, 2002.

After much difficulty getting the satisfactory paperwork from the Chinese authorities (they knew she was marrying an American, so we were targets for plenty of extra "fees"), I filed the papers and paid the application fees. I was asked to wait while they reviewed the papers. After a long wait I was called back to the counter and the application and the fees for my new daughters visa where returned to me. Very sorry, but they had made a mistake, she was not eligible because she was over 18. Now the visa for my step-daughter was down the tubes thanks to misinformation and bumbling.

I would also like to know the real reason for the Chinese Exclusion that is taking place. It seems that terrorists have little trouble obtaining visas, but a retired music teacher (my wife) is a real security threat. My brother's theory is that its because of the different tonal system. Might corrupt all those American music students. :P

Owen,

I am very sorry. My girl is near your girl's town in North East China. She is also a Aug Interviewer. She lives in Changchun North East China.

Often she stands outside with -40 F degree to wait postman arrives. She has so much hope, but always getting icy nothing letter. Weather is always getting colder and colder, and day hour is getting shorter and darker.

Very depress. And it is even more depress to see Nov. Girls get onto American boat in the first place. There are no law and order here. We are honest tax payers, we respect government serverns to do things with morale ethinc standard. How someday we are going to teach our kids to follow lines in store. :lol:

Thanks for all the words of support.

I am very thankful that I am living with my loved ones. :o After almost a year apart we made the decision that it was more important than the money I was making in the US.

As far as a lawyer helping, little hope for that. It wasn't until the next day that it occurred to me that since the consulate took back the receipt and handed back the paperwork, I had no proof that they ever even accepted the application, must less that they actually ever gave me the advice in the first place. :o

As for the November interview people going first, I am not upset that they got their visas. Good for them! I am upset that so many people are put in this position in the first place.