Letter of Intent to Marry

For those of you K-1s who have just gone to GUZ to support your SO in the interview, did you re-write or update your original letter of intent to marry? Did your SO re-write one as well? Was it/were they even reviewed by the VO?

For those of you who are going soon, do you plan to rewrite yours or update it?

It seems to have some intrinsic value (makes you think and appreciate), but just trying to see the value from a VO's eyes. I don't recall seeing these as a factor for any recent interview.

Thanks,

ILS

I'll type out a letter of "Evolution" and an updated letter of intent to marry. No notarizations.

It seems like these are only asked for at overcome, and then rarely. If we get blue, I may hand-write the evolution letter if a valid relationship is the issue.

I don't recall hearing any instances of the beneficiary being asked to write a letter of evolution so I don't think we will. Maybe for overcome.

I'll type out a letter of "Evolution" and an updated letter of intent to marry. No notarizations.

It seems like these are only asked for at overcome, and then rarely. If we get blue, I may hand-write the evolution letter if a valid relationship is the issue.

I don't recall hearing any instances of the beneficiary being asked to write a letter of evolution so I don't think we will. Maybe for overcome.

Makes good sense to me too.

I just created an "Updated" Letter of Intent, as well as typed and hand-written "Evolution of Our Relationship" (1 page typed/two page handwritten). I'm going to have all 3 notarized (so silly)

I'll wait with baited breath for comments about SO doing the same?

Michael,

If I am correct, I have heard and viewed somewhere that at some point in the final visa process our SO's are provided with a form that they will sign showing intent to marry after entry to the U.S. prior to 90 days of date of entry and they do not need a hand written or typed "Letter of Intent."

I may be corrected here shortly, but I do recall this and viewing the form recently.

Clayton

I just created an "Updated" Letter of Intent, as well as typed and hand-written "Evolution of Our Relationship" (1 page typed/two page handwritten). I'm going to have all 3 notarized (so silly)

Michael,

If I am correct, I have heard and viewed somewhere that at some point in the final visa process our SO's are provided with a form that they will sign showing intent to marry after entry to the U.S. prior to 90 days of date of entry and they do not need a hand written or typed "Letter of Intent."

I may be corrected here shortly, but I do recall this and viewing the form recently.

Clayton

Yes Clayton, I think it's part of the P4 packet.

Michael,

Clayton

Yes, I viewed it about 2 hours ago on GUZ site, but I thought they may still require a hand-written, notarized, embossed, sealed, certified, homogenized, scrutinized, analyzed, telegraphic, and video-ized version? (sorry....feeling a bit sarcastic!)