Not exactly legit

Houston

My SO just had her K1 interview on Monday. Luckily things went well, she passed, and we will be together soon.

She talked to several people interviewing the past couple of days and mentioned to me there was a huge amount of what I call fraud, someone else may disagree with the word but that's the term I will use.

Women who pay money to these agencies and the middle person is the one who does all the emails and talking to the guy back home who pretty much has no clue it's someone else he is talking to. Then the women goes to the interview and tries to pass it and fails miserably; my SO said the other three ladies in her room all got blue and were part of this paying money to agencies deal. Oh well, I guess it's normal. I just found it somewhat interesting, odd, crazy, funny, ridiculous, typical, and yet believable all at the same time.

My SO just had her K1 interview on Monday. Luckily things went well, she passed, and we will be together soon.

She talked to several people interviewing the past couple of days and mentioned to me there was a huge amount of what I call fraud, someone else may disagree with the word but that's the term I will use.

Women who pay money to these agencies and the middle person is the one who does all the emails and talking to the guy back home who pretty much has no clue it's someone else he is talking to. Then the women goes to the interview and tries to pass it and fails miserably; my SO said the other three ladies in her room all got blue and were part of this paying money to agencies deal. Oh well, I guess it's normal. I just found it somewhat interesting, odd, crazy, funny, ridiculous, typical, and yet believable all at the same time.

Congratulations on your passing the whole process!! What city where those three gilrs from? Just wondering is all??

Yup. I wouldn't call that above the letter of the law.

Guest knloregon

Yes, Congradulations!

And for all of the good people here----this is the State Dept. doing its job..........

Too bad some of our (totally honest) members get caught up in the drag net.....

I agree with Steve. It is not at all uncommon for a Chinese woman to use a service to help them find a potential mate. Often the first few months are translated by the service. By the time you make your first trip to China you will likely have been talking to her directly. It's not a scam it is just being practical.

Congratulations!

I would be outta my mind (juries still out on that) to argue about fraud. But, I am going to be taking the side of the Chinese Ladies.

Please consider that some of these Ladies are not on dating sites trolling for innocent men to victimize. Just like the men, they are looking for a solid relationship. It has been discussed here often that Chinese women view relationships in a more practical way and perhaps they are additionally seeking a way out of China. Honestly, I can¡¯t blame them Hell, remember I am a sucker for the little innocent puppy people. This doesn¡¯t mean that a strong, secure and true relationship won¡¯t or can¡¯t develop.

Perhaps a mediator is needed for translation purposes; consequently, the Lady is still communicating her true feelings through a translator. Translation costs money. Perhaps the Lady doesn¡¯t admit to not speaking English to save face. Face and lying have also been discussed to death here.

And you know, webcams are pretty cheap.

There is fraud, don¡¯t doubt it for a minute. Just as I am sure that some men, maybe even members here, who chase the big bucks of fraud.

I think that a blanket generalization of Chinese Ladies in these circumstances is just too harsh because the men are also using a paid service to contact these Ladies.

I got to agree with you on this one .

There are many sincere and honest Chinese ladies that get caught up in the dating agency traps because they can not speak English - The effect is that when the potential Husband shows up they too can be abused by this system .

Generally the Agencies do everything possible to push for a marriage and some people fall for it .

Most of these marriages/relationships truly Are not fraud ,but are hurried along because the marriage broker wants to make as much money as possible . These ladies then have many difficulties in getting the Visas to the USA.

When I first started looking for an Asian women to share our lives together. I would ask these ladies if they wrote their own e-mails to me. Some never responded back and some admitted they had a "friend" write to me. I also was amazed how fast some of these ladies fell totally in love with me after the 3rd or 4th e-mail to me. (I guess there are alot of lonely and insecure people out there in the world.) They took me at cyber value as is no warranty. I politely dropped these ladies right away. I had one aggressive woman after the second e-mail asked me about my home and wanted to see pictures of it and wanted to know the square footage of my house. She is still waiting for my response.

When I met my SO she was different. She did not fall in love with me after the initial e-mails. She was conservative in her writings to me and still is. She asked me to buy a web cam so she could see what she was talking to.

If your SO is using a 3rd party e-mail Ghost writer you maybe in for one hell of a surprise with each other.

When my wife received a blue slip, she was approached by someone telling her they could get a visa for $4000 with no interview!!! Lucy called me right away and I talked with this person for a few minutes. I asked this person to fax me Lucy's blue slip and supporting documents, they did. I then told Lucy to get back to Nanning quickly and we would figure out what to do next after she returned home.

The rest is history... we succeeded in overcome without paying any outside source. The amazing thing is the fees this person was going to charge went from $4000 to $800 when they figured out we did not need them to succeed. I think I still have the email somewhere on my computer from this person basically begging to have me pay them for their service!

My wife was using an agency when we met. Of course the agency was writing the letters for her. But after 2 months from meeting me she opted her way out of the agency and paid them off. The agency kept trying to get her to talk to several men but she refused. When I first went to meet her I saw all of the drafts that she wrote for the agency to translate and send to me. I saw nothing suspicious in the least.

Guest Rob & Jin

:toot: congratulations :toot:

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: