Blue Trucks...

Guest Rob & Jin

Everywhere I have traveled in China I have seen the same blue colored trucks. Trucks of different sizes from mid to large, but all in the same color. I attempted to ask about in China one time and got an inconclusive response... :lol: Watching Chinese TV last night there were the same army of blue trucks in traffic scenes. Does anyone know what the real deal is??? Is there one gigantic CHINA TRUCKING INC. or do trucks only come in that single color???

It seems that they learn one way of doing things in China,then stick with it.

What worries me is those "blue truck driver types" always have their nose burried in the screen of a mobile phone and text messaging while driving down the highway.

Its getting out of hand,these hand phones.

Mickeys new truck, the latest in Texan doulies

http://i1.tinypic.com/4raf09v.jpg

Edited by donahso (see edit history)

Everywhere I have traveled in China I have seen the same blue colored trucks. Trucks of different sizes from mid to large, but all in the same color. I attempted to ask about in China one time and got an inconclusive response... :D Watching Chinese TV last night there were the same army of blue trucks in traffic scenes. Does anyone know what the real deal is??? Is there one gigantic CHINA TRUCKING INC. or do trucks only come in that single color???

Well.... :D

You have the RED Army of people...

and the BLUE army of trucks! :lol:

yea that's it... The Blue Army Trucks! :lol:

You got it!

Army trucks in China are Green, not blue and there is a good reason for the difference in color. When not on official business these green trucks are used to smugle things and they have special lanes at inspection stations or toll booths and are exempt from police inspection. If you are in Yunnan (less so now than before) at the boarder area with Burma (whatever it is called now) or if you are in Xinjiang near the border with Pakistan, you will understand. The rest of the trucks then have to be in blue. In the past all trucks were in green and it was confusing.

Army trucks in China are Green, not blue and there is a good reason for the difference in color. When not on official business these green trucks are used to smugle things and they have special lanes at inspection stations or toll booths and are exempt from police inspection. If you are in Yunnan (less so now than before) at the boarder area with Burma (whatever it is called now) or if you are in Xinjiang near the border with Pakistan, you will understand. The rest of the trucks then have to be in blue. In the past all trucks were in green and it was confusing.

But, but there are other colors besides green and blue... :o Is it Chinese conformity??? :D

I have a pair of blue trunks.

Yea! but do you wear underware? :cheering:

Or underwear?

Do you go commando?

I had 1970 Kaiser built Jeepster Commando a few years ago. A real "Stump Jumper" I'll tell you! It was in premo condition! It's like one of those stories you hear about where somebody came across a mint condition antique vehicle that's been sitting in a barn for years. Well, that's what happend to me!...