Pink again.

I am not as excited this go around for the pink, just because until he has that visa in his passport (and makes it to the States without losing it), I can't really exhale.

Apparently Tyler had to wait with the Overcome people this afternoon. Everyone's name was called, but not his. Finally the officer called him over and asked him his name. He told her he was there to get a replacement, and she looked him up and gave him pink. Scary that they didn't have his records up there. (He had gone Wednesday, and they gave him an appt letter for Friday.)

Then, they told him it wouldn't be until Wednesday that he would get the visa at the post office. Is this long wait normal?

Thanks. He flew back to Shanghai in the interim... wants to make last-minute prep before the big trip (his flight is scheduled on Sept 10). I hope that it's really ready on Wednesday. The fact that they didn't put him on the list makes me nervous and pisses me off a bit. Maybe it's organized internally, but the people we've recently come in contact with at the consulate don't seem to know anything about anything. On several occasions, our "emails" never got responded to. They were pretty good about this at first, so I thought it was their responsibility to respond, but I guess not.

Anyway, hoping that it will come to a close and he can keep it in his pants. ;) And thanks, Steve, for your warm wishes.

Guest Mike and Lily

Thanks. He flew back to Shanghai in the interim... wants to make last-minute prep before the big trip (his flight is scheduled on Sept 10). I hope that it's really ready on Wednesday. The fact that they didn't put him on the list makes me nervous and pisses me off a bit. Maybe it's organized internally, but the people we've recently come in contact with at the consulate don't seem to know anything about anything. On several occasions, our "emails" never got responded to. They were pretty good about this at first, so I thought it was their responsibility to respond, but I guess not.

Anyway, hoping that it will come to a close and he can keep it in his pants. ;) And thanks, Steve, for your warm wishes.

"Keep it in his pants"? ;)