Cleared for Interview! Woohoo!

I called DOS today and found out my fiancee has been "cleared for interview". For most of us that received our P-2 approval in May, it seems DOS is really working at a fast clip. Now we are expecting an interview sometime in October, and P-4 most likely in early September.

I had called DOS on Thursday, and told that GUZ was still waiting for P-3 to be returned. Huh? Sunshine called the White Swan Hotel (the address where EMS delivers for GUZ) on Aug 10 and was told it was indeed picked up by GUZ on Aug 9. We returned our P-3 after getting notification it was sent, but prior to actually receiving the form from GUZ. This presents two postulates for CFL:

1. DOS actually does do updates on the weekends, and Mondays are the best days to call. There are no real-time updates -- at least not yet.

2. Sending back P-3 once we have notice that it has been sent out, but before actually receiving the physical paperwork, seems to work.

We had a similar experience with updates at P-3 time; on Thursday, they were waiting for it to arrive from the customs warehouse; the following Tuesday, their systems noted that P-3 had been sent out the previous Thursday.

Michaelt, Clayton and Illinois Dave might want to call DOS soon, since they returned theirs around the time we did as well.

ILS

Edited by I love Sunshine (see edit history)

Wow! That's great ILS!

Yeah, I think I should give them a call.

Early October would be great. That way we might be able to slide in before that trade fair.

Thanks for the heads-up. :D

BTW, which number did you call?

Thanks.

I called DOS at: (202) 663-1225

I immediately hit "1" and then hit "0"

Wait time was about 10 minutes at the time I called.

They prompted me for her GUZ number and name.

Hope you can get good news too!

Wow! That's great ILS!

Yeah, I think I should give them a call.

Early October would be great. That way we might be able to slide in before that trade fair.

Thanks for the heads-up. :(

BTW, which number did you call?

Thanks.

I called DOS at: (202) 663-1225

I immediately hit "1" and then hit "0"

Wait time was about 10 minutes at the time I called.

They prompted me for her GUZ number and name.

Hope you can get good news too!

Thank you sir. :)

I called DOS today and found out my fiancee has been "cleared for interview". For most of us that received our P-2 approval in May, it seems DOS is really working at a fast clip. Now we are expecting an interview sometime in October, and P-4 most likely in early September.

I had called DOS on Thursday, and told that GUZ was still waiting for P-3 to be returned. Huh? Sunshine called the White Swan Hotel (the address where EMS delivers for GUZ) on Aug 10 and was told it was indeed picked up by GUZ on Aug 9. We returned our P-3 after getting notification it was sent, but prior to actually receiving the form from GUZ. This presents two postulates for CFL:

1. DOS actually does do updates on the weekends, and Mondays are the best days to call. There are no real-time updates -- at least not yet.

2. Sending back P-3 once we have notice that it has been sent out, but before actually receiving the physical paperwork, seems to work.

We had a similar experience with updates at P-3 time; on Thursday, they were waiting for it to arrive from the customs warehouse; the following Tuesday, their systems noted that P-3 had been sent out the previous Thursday.

Michaelt, Clayton and Illinois Dave might want to call DOS soon, since they returned theirs around the time we did as well.

ILS

ILS,

Thanks so much for the heads up. I have been checking with DOS each Friday at the end of the day and on Mondays for the last several weeks. I have read that computers were updated on Fridays and read also that they are updated on Saturdays. Glad to know you have learned that Saturdays seems to be the key here.

We are still awaiting P3. Each time I call I am told the same. My case is in the computer, but the paperwork must still be in customs. If I am told that the P3 papers have been sent, like yours, out go ours before they arrive.

Thanks for the verifications that you have provided. I wait. Although I wait with little patience.

I am following your timeline closely. My best wishes to you both.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

ILS

Thats great news, hope it all goes very smoothly :roller:

Way to go ILS. I hope the interview is scheduled soon. Maybe Dave, Clayton, and the others in line will quickly get the interview date also.

Good luck to all of ya.

tsap seui