a friend of mine got a blue slip today

Yep, my friend's wife had her interview today and received a blue slip. They just have to come up with the overcome and turn it in. No big deal, only a setback. A setback unwelcomed but not too hard to overcome. It's just going to take some time. Mr. Yang is helping her now in Guangzhou, which is a good thing. She will eventually get her visa. That's the day I'm looking forward to.

Yep, my friend's wife had her interview today and received a blue slip. They just have to come up with the overcome and turn it in. No big deal, only a setback. A setback unwelcomed but not too hard to overcome. It's just going to take some time. Mr. Yang is helping her now in Guangzhou, which is a good thing. She will eventually get her visa. That's the day I'm looking forward to.

Sad news. For the longest we saw nothing but happiness with "Pink" this and "Pink" that. I wish that were the case for everyone.

Sounds like a simple overcome. Can you enlighten us to what may of caused the "Blue" slip? It would help us all.

Thanks,

Clayton

Sad news. For the longest we saw nothing but happiness with "Pink" this and "Pink" that. I wish that were the case for everyone.

Sounds like a simple overcome. Can you enlighten us to what may of caused the "Blue" slip? It would help us all.

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton

The blue slip asked for proof of residence of the petitioner (domicile). It also asked for a I-864 and 2004, 2005, and 2006 tax returns. They are CR1.

My friends wife, the applicant, has an overcome appointment set up for September 24th. Hopefully all will work out. I think it will.

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton

The blue slip asked for proof of residence of the petitioner (domicile). It also asked for a I-864 and 2004, 2005, and 2006 tax returns. They are CR1.

My friends wife, the applicant, has an overcome appointment set up for September 24th. Hopefully all will work out. I think it will.

setp. 24, why so damn long away? it's unreal to ask someone to wait that much more.

good luck to your pal!

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton

Wasn't the I-864 with the tax returns turned in before the interview?

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton

Wasn't the I-864 with the tax returns turned in before the interview?

You would think it was turnd in. That's part of the process that's done in the states with the NVC long before the interview.

You can't question them, however. You have to comply in order to get what you want; the visa.

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton

setp. 24, why so damn long away? it's unreal to ask someone to wait that much more.

good luck to your pal!

My wife got a blue slip at her interview. That was a Wednesday. She was able to return to the consulate on Friday and turn in the requested documents at which time, she got her visa. That's how it was done at that time. I think Fridays were set up for people to turn in their overcome and get their visas the same day. Things have certainly changed.

The way things are done now, I think September is good compared to October, which was what they were looking at, at first.

I think they have Mr. Yang to thank for that.

Mr. Yang must be a "godsend" to some. Three cheers for Mr. Yang! :) :( :D

Edited by tywy_99 (see edit history)