calculate this scenario

My wife's interview is Sept 27th....

Excited yes.... but, the date is questionable on the time I have to spend in GUZ with her.

Sept 27th is a Thursday.

Lets say we get the pink slip.

We pay for 2 day visa service.

That is Saturday. However, the visa is delayed to Sunday? Is the post office open on Sunday? Has anyone picked up a visa on Sunday?

Why is Sunday important? Because Monday the Oct 1 is national holiday. the consulate is closed Oct 1,2,3.. and my wife indicates that the Post office is closed also Oct 1,2,3,4,5..... and maybe even 6 and 7.... Argh... I would hate to have to stay in GUZ that long.

What you guys think?

>L

For anyone else with the interview date on the last week of Sept... the post office is open Sept 30th on sunday. My wife called them today and asked if they would be open, and they said yes. They however still did not know what exact days they are closed for national holiday.

>L

Post offices in China never close, even on National Day.

This is not a true statement. I personally called the post office on this last sunday, and they were closed. I called at 8pm China time, and they were closed.

The guy specificly told my wife that since it was national holiday on Oct 1 ( monday ) they would be open Sunday. He however did not know the time of closing Mon - Fri of that week.

>L

Post offices in China never close, even on National Day.

This is not a true statement. I personally called the post office on this last sunday, and they were closed. I called at 8pm China time, and they were closed.

The guy specificly told my wife that since it was national holiday on Oct 1 ( monday ) they would be open Sunday. He however did not know the time of closing Mon - Fri of that week.

>L

We picked up my wife's visa on National Day.

The banks were open during the holiday as well including National Day.

I was in China for National Day 2004. All banks in Shanghai, Beijing and other cities I visited were closed October 1 through the 8th. Also ATM's weren't refilled during that period so as the week progressed it became more and more difficult to get cash.

(Just a note of caution-be prepared for the worst.)

I was in China for National Day 2004. All banks in Shanghai, Beijing and other cities I visited were closed October 1 through the 8th. Also ATM's weren't refilled during that period so as the week progressed it became more and more difficult to get cash.

(Just a note of caution-be prepared for the worst.)

I bet the post offices were open.

Ok.... David posted this address and number in another thread...

Jun Yuan Post Office:

155 Tianhe East Road

Guangzhou, China

Telephone: 020-38188078

I called

If someone else with a chinese wife could call and ask if they are open on all the days of National Hoilday, I would be happy to know. Then I will wonder what my wife told me was true or not.

>L

I don't think there is any real standard time between post offices in China but they do stay open all the time. Just work different hours and schedules. Post offices in Guangzhou may work longer or shorter hours than post offices in Shanghai. There's no standard. But they are open all the time, 365 days a year! Most city post offices are.

Ok.... David posted this address and number in another thread...

Jun Yuan Post Office:

155 Tianhe East Road

Guangzhou, China

Telephone: 020-38188078

I called

If someone else with a chinese wife could call and ask if they are open on all the days of National Hoilday, I would be happy to know. Then I will wonder what my wife told me was true or not.

>L

My wife lives in Guangzhou and she tells me that the PO nearest her home is usually open on Sundays !! BTW, seven months, almost to the day, from NOA-1 to Interview date, is awesome !!!