The Anatomy of our White Slip

Thanks for sharing that with us. It seems that they were right to not give you the pink at the time, but the problem with the system is they make no allowances for judgments that they make that could be in error. Once you got that white slp, your process was doomed with no chance for redemption. They really should make allowances for possible misjudgments the VO might make without condemning you to the black hole with no second chance. IMO the white slip should only be given when it is undeniably clear that one's relationship is fraudulent, not just suspicion.

According to the telegrams from the DOS to the Consulates, you are correct Mike. And you are correct in stating that the petition should not be put in a black hole. It is STILL there today. I had beat this dead horse until I had no more fight left in me. I know others in my same situation. We will see how my CR1 progresses because all of the summary points I gave in my OP are null and void now that's for sure. ;)

Hi 747,

Just a quick question. Did you get married in Hong Kong?

Got married in the mainland....Jiangxi Province.

Thanks for sharing that with us. It seems that they were right to not give you the pink at the time, but the problem with the system is they make no allowances for judgments that they make that could be in error. Once you got that white slp, your process was doomed with no chance for redemption. They really should make allowances for possible misjudgments the VO might make without condemning you to the black hole with no second chance. IMO the white slip should only be given when it is undeniably clear that one's relationship is fraudulent, not just suspicion.

There is a means... but it's just not well known...

One has to hire a lawyer in GUZ quickly and then the lawyer can get the case held at the consulate as the lawyer submits rebuttal... There's a narrow window; per the lawyers I have talked to (who have done this at GUZ)...

There is a means... but it's just not well known...

One has to hire a lawyer in GUZ quickly and then the lawyer can get the case held at the consulate as the lawyer submits rebuttal... There's a narrow window; per the lawyers I have talked to (who have done this at GUZ)...

And very expensive I might add and of course with no guaranteed money back if the venture fails.

First of all, I wish Chilton the best of luck. I hope USCIS reverses the decision of GUZ to issue Chilton's wife a white slip. I hope they're together in the US soon.

Now, having said that, we should be clear that GUZ and the VOs don't issue white slips whimsically. There are solid and definitive reasons the VO must enter into the record when issuing a white slip and the supervisor/manager has to take a look at the case as well and agree with the decision of the VO before the case is actually transferred back to USCIS. So GUZ does make allowances for misjudgments of VOs. If the higher up deems the white slip the wrong decision, it will be reversed by GUZ directly; it won't even go back to USCIS.

All of this is not to say that GUZ never makes mistakes when it comes to white slips. Indeed it's possible that in Chilton's case there may have been a mistake made, but it would also be a mistake to assume GUZ doesn't have a very rigid system in place to make sure white slips are issued very seldomly. White slips are very serious matters and the VO needs to document with specific reasons as to why a white slip was issued.

We hear of blue slips a lot on here. But we rarely read of white slips. There are a few, but very rare when compared to pink and blue slips. They are not being capriciously issued by GUZ.

Hang in there and good luck Chilton! :angry:

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

First of all, I wish Chilton the best of luck. I hope USCIS reverses the decision of GUZ to issue Chilton's wife a white slip. I hope they're together in the US soon.

Now, having said that, we should be clear that GUZ and the VOs don't issue white slips whimsically. There are solid and definitive reasons the VO must enter into the record when issuing a white slip and the supervisor/manager has to take a look at the case as well and agree with the decision of the VO before the case is actually transferred back to USCIS. So GUZ does make allowances for misjudgments of VOs. If the higher up deems the white slip the wrong decision, it will be reversed by GUZ directly; it won't even go back to USCIS.

All of this is not to say that GUZ never makes mistakes when it comes to white slips. Indeed it's possible that in Chilton's case there may have been a mistake made, but it would also be a mistake to assume GUZ doesn't have a very rigid system in place to make sure white slips are issued very seldomly. White slips are very serious matters and the VO needs to document with specific reasons as to why a white slip was issued.

We hear of blue slips a lot on here. But we rarely read of white slips. There are a few, but very rare when compared to pink and blue slips. They not being capriciously issued by GUZ.

Hang in there and good luck Chilton! :angry:

I'm hangin' in there Lance and thank you very much :blink: The only thing at this point is that I am uncertain as to why the K1 petition still remains in GZ at this point.

Great synospsis of the trials and tribulations. I wish you both a positive and rewarding outcome and thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

You can never predict the outcome. There are too many factors hanging in the balance of destiny.

Great synospsis of the trials and tribulations. I wish you both a positive and rewarding outcome and thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

You can never predict the outcome. There are too many factors hanging in the balance of destiny.

Thank you very much Yimi for your well wishes. I agree with your philosophy. I have never been one to predict the future but I try to always be prepared for whatever it might bring.