Hospital times in GUZ

Hi,

I have searched for the hospitals and found those in GUZ, but I do not see the times that the visa exmines are made. I found one thread that mentioned 2pm to about 6pm...

Also, I saw the thread from Feb 07 this year about the bad experience someone had. Where is the pinned threads on Mr Xie and Mr Yang?

>L

hello, if you are staying a Mr. Yang's, like we did, then he can help you. If not, I can tell you that I think there is a phone number listed for each location. I think we went to the Shamian Island location because it was $100rmb less, we went on Saturday and picked it up on Tuesday, we didn't ask for expidited service. I just followed the lead of my Lao po. We will be staying with The Yangs again for the CR-1 interview.

Good Luck,Mike & Zhen

Where is your SO from?

There are also medical facilities in BJ and SH...

These are listed in the FAQ.. she can call them as desired to confirm hours and expedited service is desired (usually then need to go in early).

Yes, thank you David... we are meeting in GUZ, and she has to fly somewhere for the medical. Bad thing is, she is a nurse at a hospital, and it is not on the list, or even the city.

I looked at that FAQ, but did not see the hours of operation of the hospital, or the visa examinations.

I saw a post where someone posted the phone number to the actual post office location where the visa's go. I need this phone number please.

>L

I have a question about this service of pickup of visa

OK < EDIT> the table is easy to read here > http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...or%20tianyu.htm

·þÎñ·½Ê½/Service ÓʼÄ×Ê·Ñ(Ôª) / Payment (RMB)

Ͷ½»Ê±ÏÞ/Delivery

1·ÝÇ©Ö¤/1 visa 2·ÝÇ©Ö¤/2 visas 3·ÝÇ©Ö¤/3 visas 4·ÝÇ©Ö¤/4 visas

×ÔÈ¡/Pick up

½»¿îºóÁ½¸ö¹¤×÷ÈÕÆð¿ÉÈ¡Ö¤/

2 working days after payment

ÊÐÄÚÓʼÄ/Guangzhou 35

½»¿îºóÈý¸ö¹¤×÷ÈÕÄÚµ½´ï/

3 working days after payment

Ê¡ÄÚÓʼÄ/Guangdong 50

½»¿îºóËĸö¹¤×÷ÈÕÄÚµ½´ï /

4 working days after payment

˵Ã÷: ÿ¼þÓʼþ°´ÄÚ×°Ç©Ö¤Êý¼ÆËã×Ê·Ñ, ×î¶à¿É×°4·ÝÇ©Ö¤

I am guessing that the chinese writing is the same as the english that is there...

it looks like FAST service... 1 visa ( 2 working days ) is 20RMB for pickup..

We will need to pickup the visa.

Now, the question is, it will be my Lao Po and her son together on K3/K4... is it 20RMB per visa for 2 day service, or is 2 day service offered on 2 visas, or is K3/K4 considered 2 visas?

>L

Edited by LGR_WEI (see edit history)

visa pickup costs....20 RMB.....about $2.60 in USD.....two of them? $5.20 USD.....I wouldn't sweat the costs....probably the cheapest part of the whole process!!!!!

Steve

No, it actually sounded to cheap for this visa service. I would pay 100RMB on Sept 27th just to make sure I have the visa in hand on Sept 29th... It appears that the post office is closed Sept 30th, and then the National Holiday starts, and that is etiher Oct 1-5, or 1-7... My wife is not sure of what days this year because the news had indicated a change.

>L

not sure of your question...

The first item is "Pickup".. 20RMB per visa (that is picked up).

The next two items are for mailing to an address (that's why it's longer and more expensive.. and listed as for multiple visas as well--they can ship together to:

- Guangzhou

- Guangdong

Well, the question really was if 2 visa's ( K3/K4 ) is the same 20RMB or 40.... and it was strange the table does not list 2,3,4 for pickup...

I guess they consider one package regardless if there is 1 or 3 visa's in it.

I just really dont like GUZ, so having a Sept 27th date, and the natiional holiday starting 4 days later, pushing my pickup of the visa to about Oct 6,7,8 was not something I wanted to think about.

My wife and I wanted to leave China Oct 6th for the USA since the Oct 10th is out anniversary of one year marriage. IF the visa delay is thought to be because the national holiday, then I will buy my plane ticket for Oct 10th, and we get to fly 17 hours for our anniversary.. could be worse, however, so I am not complaining.

>L

Our daughter received her K2 P4 appointment today--Sept. 27!

So I guess we're going to get to play the same "hope for pink and an on-time visa at China post on the 29th."

My wife called GUZ china post today. They are open Sept 30 on sunday since the national holiday is Monday - ??? ... yes, the guy did not even know the exact days still today for national holiday this year. Seems there was an announcement on the news that national holiday would not be 7 days this year.

>L

not sure of your question...

The first item is "Pickup".. 20RMB per visa (that is picked up).

The next two items are for mailing to an address (that's why it's longer and more expensive.. and listed as for multiple visas as well--they can ship together to:

- Guangzhou

- Guangdong

Well, the question really was if 2 visa's ( K3/K4 ) is the same 20RMB or 40.... and it was strange the table does not list 2,3,4 for pickup...

I guess they consider one package regardless if there is 1 or 3 visa's in it.

Pickup fee is "per visa"... there's no discounted price for multiple pickups.. so you multiply the number of visa by 20 RMB... There is only a price for "each and every visa"...

Hopefully someone will correct me if wrong.