Wheee! We got the invitation letter

Hi guys...

Wanted to thank you all for your support and advice over the last few months. After losing his passport with the CR1 visa on June 5, we finally got a notice saying that he can come get his replacement visa on any upcoming Mon, Tues, or Wed.

Unfortunately, they told him to bring with him a police certificate that is valid through September 19 (even though he could go to the consulate this Monday), and his police certificate is only valid through September 11. I didn't realize they were that close to being expired, or I would've made him go get another one earlier.

As it stands now, I guess he can get his notarized police certificate in three weeks or so, spend another week getting the visa and making last minute arrangements, and then come in the second week of September.

Actually, it's pretty good timing, because I was just accepted in a Master's program at Northwestern in Chicago. Mom and I plan to drive up from New Orleans labor day weekend and get me settled.... and just after she leaves, my hubby can come. :P

Sorry for the rambling! But I wanted to say that even though the consulate never replied to the senator's office that contacted them, I have a hunch it helped get things moving along. Thanks everyone!!!

Heather

But I wanted to say that even though the consulate never replied to the senator's office that contacted them, I have a hunch it helped get things moving along. Thanks everyone!!!

Hey Heather, glad it's all working out for you. I also suspect that the letter from the Senator's office greatly sped up things for you. :P

I suspect GUZ did reply to your Senator's office and that you'll be receiving a letter from the Senator's office soon. :)

Hi guys...

Wanted to thank you all for your support and advice over the last few months. After losing his passport with the CR1 visa on June 5, we finally got a notice saying that he can come get his replacement visa on any upcoming Mon, Tues, or Wed.

Unfortunately, they told him to bring with him a police certificate that is valid through September 19 (even though he could go to the consulate this Monday), and his police certificate is only valid through September 11. I didn't realize they were that close to being expired, or I would've made him go get another one earlier.

As it stands now, I guess he can get his notarized police certificate in three weeks or so, spend another week getting the visa and making last minute arrangements, and then come in the second week of September.

Actually, it's pretty good timing, because I was just accepted in a Master's program at Northwestern in Chicago. Mom and I plan to drive up from New Orleans labor day weekend and get me settled.... and just after she leaves, my hubby can come. :(

Sorry for the rambling! But I wanted to say that even though the consulate never replied to the senator's office that contacted them, I have a hunch it helped get things moving along. Thanks everyone!!!

Heather

wow, great!! funny, cuz i was just going to respond to your other thread a few days ago inquiring about your status.

congrats again...let the second time be sweeter! :)