Have MS chinese language support on the laptop and everything works fine except qq. The machine language does not appear in Pinyin char.so she cannot make out the words. MSN messenger works great it is only QQ that has a problem

thanks
jay

I know exactly what is happening, and it is fairly easy to fix.

Download the older 2005 version of QQ "english"

Download APPLOCALE from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...63-1514c89f6ddd

Using Applocale locate QQ.EXE and apply Chinese Simplified location to QQ.

Locate new QQ icon in applocale folder on start-menu and copy it to desktop, and replace QQ's old icon in the start-up folder.

I strongly recommend keeping any application even remotely related to QQ as far away from your PC as possible. It is nortorious and one of the worst offenders in installing hidden artifacts and applications used for tracking. Additionally, it's filled with trojans. If you've already installed it, be aware that performing an uninstall will allow an almost infinite number of artifacts to remain in your registry. Finding them is a task in exasperation.

There are so many other applications that are PC safe that can be used in it's place.

I have XP and QQ is no problem for us. Just make sure you have the updated version installed and a good anti-virus and spyware program... ;)

The QQ web-site is fine. DO NOT download qqplay.exe. Most virus and spyware programs will detect it.

Have MS chinese language support on the laptop and everything works fine except qq. The machine language does not appear in Pinyin char.so she cannot make out the words. MSN messenger works great it is only QQ that has a problem

thanks

jay

start > settings>control panel> regiona language setting> advanced tab and in the drop down list on top select chinese and check the box at the very bottom. assuming you installed east language fonts on the Languages tab as you said.

edit:may require a reboot...

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

I loaded QQ once because my stepson in China likes it and wifey wanted to try it. Unfortunately QQ doesn't like American XP I had to uninstall it.

Amen, same experience. I have been using Microsoft PinYin for as long as I can remember. No problems with it, other than Lixin says my font isn't pretty. ÎÒϲ»¶Õâ¸öºº×Ö¡£ Does it look OK to you?