after transfered to cally

ive been getting a little concerned lately about out AOS, we were transfered to california in november 06 and we have not heard anything since.

the california service center says Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of jan 13 07

should i not worry about it or is there some place to call just to get verification they have not lost any paperwork :lol:

An Info pass appointment may be the only way to get some answers.

Sounds like name check hold.

You can try the info pass, which at least puts you on record as making the inquiry. This can definitely help, because USCIS is notorious for saying they mailed a communication for which you never received. Also recommend calling the USCIS and speaking to a human until you can get the agent to escalate your call to a Visa Officer. The Visa Officers have access to information that the call sheet agent do not.

so how do we file an infopass?

and where do i look for a phone number to call,

Here's the link to the Infopass website: http://infopass.uscis.gov/ but I don't think there's a number to call... I believe they can only be set via the website. MAKE SURE you are on a PC with a Printer when you make this apppointment as the last step is to print out a confirmation sheet (with a bar code I think) and you will not be admitted without it!

I know ours was transferred to CSC as well, then it was transferred to the NBC and then we received an Interview Date (tomorrow), so those dates for CSC may or may not be acurate if your file is transferred out of there again and it could be much sooner than the dates shown.

I would recommend the Infopass appointment because as others have said, it may have been 'lost' somewhere along the line. I hope you can get this straightened out soon & wish you a fast, successful appointment!!

Steve

so how do we file an infopass?

and where do i look for a phone number to call,

http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

It will be at your local USCIS field office, probably same place you did biometrics at.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
so being that they transfered it to california will the info pass appointment be over there or will they schedule something locally?

Locally, you should get a list showing choices of Offices, pick the one closest to you.

Yep, all of the above are sound advice/instructions. I am just confirming what they have said. Sometimes it is reassuring to here the same thing from several people. It makes you feel better I think.

Larry

ive been getting a little concerned lately about out AOS, we were transfered to california in november 06 and we have not heard anything since.

the california service center says Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of jan 13 07

should i not worry about it or is there some place to call just to get verification they have not lost any paperwork :unsure:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=325665

Izus,

we scheduled an Info Pass apppointment twice here in Orlando. Pretty easy to do from the online link; just the luck of the draw whether you get someone there that will be helpful.

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

The facility is located next to the airport and usually has a line of folks waiting for the door to open. Getting there a bit early can help you get in and out more quickly because they seem to schedule a group of folks for the same time.

Take copies of your K1 visa information, your AOS, etc. You must leave your cell phone in the car. Have copies of all communication. It's been a long time for you, as we filed AOS in October of 2006. Paperwork was transferred to California in early November; same day as biometrics done. AOS for both K1 and K2 were approved without interview.

It's been a long time for you, as we filed AOS in October of 2006. Paperwork was transferred to California in early November; same day as biometrics done. AOS for both K1 and K2 were approved without interview.

i was worried about that. :unsure:

we scheduled an infopass appointment coming up,

what will this supoose to accomplish?

It's been a long time for you, as we filed AOS in October of 2006. Paperwork was transferred to California in early November; same day as biometrics done. AOS for both K1 and K2 were approved without interview.

i was worried about that. :unsure:

Tell you what is happening with the petition, like is it stuck in FBI name check.

Just the satisfaction of talking face to face with a USCIS officer.

i was worried about that. :(

Tell you what is happening with the petition, like is it stuck in FBI name check.

Just the satisfaction of talking face to face with a USCIS officer.

The VO's at the service center have access to a lot more information than the agents do when you call the USCIS. The agents only have access to the same information that you've probably been viewing online. Still, the VO may not have specific information as to why something is being held up, and may tell you that they have contacted the office holding your paperwork, who will in turn contact you.

You will be assigned a number after you enter the building, and everyone waits for their number to be called. You will simply get the next available VO, and go to the window indicated on their little wall-mounted box.

Unfortunately, both times we went, we got saddled with the same VO who had an angry disposition completely devoid of a smile or any other niceties. He responded with one and two word answers, and attempted to intimidate those that asked further questions. Still, I encourage you to ask questions until your satisfied with exactly what they tell you. Most everyone there though seemed very nice, just not that guy.

We went there after our K2 daughter's AOS was delayed for several days beyond her mothers. We filed for both the same day. We were told that because we failed to provide a physical as requested by the RFE that her AOS was denied. Of course, a K1 and K2 must undergo a physical before they are issued a visa to enter the US, and that physical is good for at least one year, and may be up to 15 months. It took a lot of effort to show the USCIS that they had incorrectly denied our daughter. A few attorneys even suggested that one should always give the USCIS what they ask for, even if what they request is in error, and costs you more money. We stuck to our guns though, and filed a grievance with the Ombudsman, alerting them of the error, while in parallal filing a motion to reopen without fee. Within two weeks of filing, we received a reversal and a green card.

Good luck