She passed!!!!

Yajie took the written driving test today and passed the first time, I am so proud of her and happy too because she was about to drive me nuts with all the questions and worrying.

Congratulations! How long did she study for the exam?

Yajie took the written driving test today and passed the first time, I am so proud of her and happy too because she was about to drive me nuts with all the questions and worrying.

Since the 24th of July.

She studied almost every day with a dictionary, sometime for hours.

Since the 24th of July.

I hope it won't take my wife long to pass the exam. She seems as dilligent and determined as your wife.

My wife pored over the DMV manual for days prior to her written test. I think she translated the whole manual into Chinese. In Oregon you can request a translator for the written test. She passed first try on both the written and the driving test.

Since the 24th of July.

I hope it won't take my wife long to pass the exam. She seems as dilligent and determined as your wife.

She found practice tests online that I think helped but the real tests are not made for someone that knows nothing about driving and a lot of the questions were not in the book.

Some only have 1 correct answer but by law they could be correct with any answer listed, here is an example.

When driving in a snowstorm and your cell phone rings, you should

A. Slow down and answer the phone

B. Pull off the road and answer the phone

C. Ignore it and let it ring

In Michigan it isn't illegal to use a cell phone while driving (unless they changed the law while I was on one of my trips to China) so legaly all three are acceptable as long as you have control of the car and don't have to take your attention off the road but C is the correct answer and it will count against you if you get it wrong, she got it right.

There are some that are very misleading and some are very different than when I took my first test.

The distance between the car you are driving and the car in front of you should be 1 car length for every 10 miles per hour, that's the way I learned but now they go be seconds between cars, I think the old way is easier.

Because of the suprises in the test I was extra proud of her to do it on her first attempt without ever even driving a gokart before much less a car.

The gokart track is our next stop. :unsure:

Edited by papa bear (see edit history)

You must be happy and proud...Now..instead of drive me nuts she can drive me car!

You must be happy and proud...Now..instead of drive me nuts she can drive me car!

I will post photos of the carnage if I survive. :lol:

This might be the post that gets me into this thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26246

Papa Bear: My lao po found CA practice tests on line (in Chinese) and studied them and got 100% on the written test (which she also was able to take in Chinese).

The only problem is that she was just good at memorizing the correct answer to the questions she practiced. Now that she is starting to practice driving, I'm finding out that there are a lot of driving rules that she is totally unaware of (like crossing a solid white line).

I take her out to practice driving once a week and as soon as she breaks one of the rules of the road, her lesson is over for that day.

Just a word of caution - if she found the questions ahead of time and studied them and passed, if does not necessarily mean she knows most of the rules of the road!!

Good luck!!