Warden Message: Chinese Visa Policy Tightens

jtaylo69

Unless I am reading it wrong it says you can't use an express visa service anymore. Does that mean we have to go to the consulate to get a visa to visit China? Oh and read it again Curt, it mentions people working on a tourist visa.

It appears we can still use a visa service but I did find this on visarite.

Effective August 01, 2007, Chinese Visa policy for US passport holders has been changed. The Chinese Embassy and Consulate no longer offer options for single entry or double entry visa. Most visa will be issued as multiple entry. However, Single or Double Entry will be issued to those who's passport has less than 8 months validity remaining. Flat fee will be charged regardless the type of visa issued.

You can still use a visa service. The express visa service is what the consulate terms expedited service. This was where you could pay an extra $30 dollars and have the consulate process the visa the same day. An extra $20 would process it in two or three days.

I suspect this has to do with 2008 Olympics. The San Francisco China Consulate has added a special visa window for the Beijing Organizing Committee of the 2008 Olympic Games.

I thought we would see longer visa processing times due to 2008 Summer Games. I am sure this is just the start.

Unless I am reading it wrong it says you can't use an express visa service anymore. Does that mean we have to go to the consulate to get a visa to visit China? Oh and read it again Curt, it mentions people working on a tourist visa.

It appears we can still use a visa service but I did find this on visarite.

Effective August 01, 2007, Chinese Visa policy for US passport holders has been changed. The Chinese Embassy and Consulate no longer offer options for single entry or double entry visa. Most visa will be issued as multiple entry. However, Single or Double Entry will be issued to those who's passport has less than 8 months validity remaining. Flat fee will be charged regardless the type of visa issued.

You can still use a visa service. The express visa service is what the consulate terms expedited service. This was where you could pay an extra $30 dollars and have the consulate process the visa the same day. An extra $20 would process it in two or three days.

I suspect this has to do with 2008 Olympics. The San Francisco China Consulate has added a special visa window for the Beijing Organizing Committee of the 2008 Olympic Games.

I thought we would see longer visa processing times due to 2008 Summer Games. I am sure this is just the start.

In case anyone missed reading the previous page (Ref: post #13 +#14) the Express/Expedited service is still available for $30.00.

Other than the restructure of the fees eff. 08/01 there is no change for us here in the USA. This is for those living/working in the PRC at this time. This is why it came out as a Warden Notice on the Consulate webpage.