K3 Denied

I received a fax from my wife of the denial given her. It advises of steps to take to overcome and says futher consideration will be given after I obtain and present documents. Present them where? Do I send then to the consulate or to my wife. Will they contact my wife for another appointment and how long does this usually take?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overcome documents are usually presented in person at the consulate with a response in two days. Some are mail in cases, but all evidence needs to be presented in it's entirety.

The usual steps in providing these are to call the pay number and schedule an overcome appointment. These are extremely limited so it is best to evaluate how long it will take to get everything prepared and call early before everything is in her hands.

There are many people on this site extremely familiar with this situation and can offer help and advice if you feel comfortable sharing the specific things they requested.

Your evidence needs to be to the point and it is important to not flood GZ with a large amount of evidence to review. Too much evidence usually results in being told they will get back with you in a month or two, which can turn into 6 months.

Sorry to hear of this pb.

As usual, Lee has given you great advice.

As Lee said, the more info you provide here, the more help members will be able to give you.

Whatever the reason for your denial, someone here has almost certainly had it before. If you can find out from your wife the exact details on the blue slip, others here will be more than happy to help you try to overcome them.

Good luck. :D

The usual steps in providing these are to call the pay number and schedule an overcome appointment.

If you are not permitted to submit by mail, you're stuck calling the pay-for-nothing line until your SO can shedule an appointment

I'm confused. these two statements seem contradictory. First comment indicates I make the call, 2nd comment says SO shedules appointment. Am I missing something?

The usual steps in providing these are to call the pay number and schedule an overcome appointment.

If you are not permitted to submit by mail, you're stuck calling the pay-for-nothing line until your SO can shedule an appointment

I'm confused. these two statements seem contradictory. First comment indicates I make the call, 2nd comment says SO shedules appointment. Am I missing something?

The instruction sheet is the key.

It is not contradictory. Don is never contradictory !! :lol:

If they allow a by mail response, it will be indicated as such, on the instruction sheet.

If not, then like most here in your situation have done, you must utilize the phone pay line, and be patient to obtain an appointment date for the overcome submission of required documents/proof by your SO.

Good luck to you !!

Now a little more explanation of the denial. The interviewer did not accept my financial documents as showing enough income. My brother and I started buying rental housing 3 years ago and have put all profits back into the business as we fixed up or made new purchases. Therefore I had my accountant write up a finacial statement showing plenty of cash flow. The interviewer did not understand that cash flow is mostly profit and can be taken as income or as we did, reinvest. Neither did she understand how I can show an ability to support SO if tax return shows a loss. Very simply, depreciation from the houses and reinvestment as expenses. The cash is there anytime I want to take it and have recently begun taking some in anticipation of my SO's arrival. Should I send copies of these checks? Now she wants my 2004 and 2005 returns which will be the same as the 2006. I can have my accountant re-explain in simpler terms along with the returns or just have my father co-sponser and not chance that the VO has tunnel vision and can only see the actual bottom line income. Can I send in the co-sponser info with the requested info and should the co-sponser tax returns be IRS certified or just notorized?

If they allow a by mail response, it will be indicated as such, on the instruction sheet.

If not, then like most here in your situation have done, you must utilize the phone pay line, and be patient to obtain an appointment date for the overcome submission of required documents/proof by your SO.

Good luck to you !!

I think everyone may be right here but not seeing the confusion pb is having.

I think he may be confused as to who physically makes the actual phonecall, him or his SO.

I could be wrong though. :lol:

Good luck to you !!

I think everyone may be right here but not seeing the confusion pb is having.

I think he may be confused as to who physically makes the actual phonecall, him or his SO.

I could be wrong though. :lol:

Yes Dave, When I make the phone call, do I make the appointment at that time or just request an appointment?

There are three steps to getting the overcome documents submitted:

1) Purchase a pin number online

2) Call the call center with the pin number and other case info; schedule the appointed time to submit documents

3) Submit documents at the appointed time; results are usually in two days; if pass, usually two more days to get visa.

this is in spelled out in detail in the FAQ.. what website to get pin, number to call in Shanghai for call center...

Either the USC or the SO can do this...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I've been through overcome as has others. The KEY is to get the appointment early in the month but not too early because you want lead time to get there (To GUZ) or lead time to get the documents to your wife. Lee was correct in stating give them exactly what is asked for.

This is the link for GUZ contact number http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/vi...on_center_.html

PM me if you would care for my experiences with this system. It was a few years ago but am sure I can lead you in the right direction. It wasn't all that difficult really, just time consuming and anxious. I arranged to be in GUZ for my wife's benefit even though I really had nothing to do in the presentation. I hand carried all the documents myself and organized them for her to submit.

There are three steps to getting the overcome documents submitted:

1) Purchase a pin number online

2) Call the call center with the pin number and other case info; schedule the appointed time to submit documents

3) Submit documents at the appointed time; results are usually in two days; if pass, usually two more days to get visa.

this is in spelled out in detail in the FAQ.. what website to get pin, number to call in Shanghai for call center...

Either the USC or the SO can do this...

Thanks DZ, You cleared this up for me. Either of us can make call.

Now a little more explanation of the denial. The interviewer did not accept my financial documents as showing enough income. My brother and I started buying rental housing 3 years ago and have put all profits back into the business as we fixed up or made new purchases. Therefore I had my accountant write up a finacial statement showing plenty of cash flow. The interviewer did not understand that cash flow is mostly profit and can be taken as income or as we did, reinvest. Neither did she understand how I can show an ability to support SO if tax return shows a loss. Very simply, depreciation from the houses and reinvestment as expenses. The cash is there anytime I want to take it and have recently begun taking some in anticipation of my SO's arrival. Should I send copies of these checks? Now she wants my 2004 and 2005 returns which will be the same as the 2006. I can have my accountant re-explain in simpler terms along with the returns or just have my father co-sponser and not chance that the VO has tunnel vision and can only see the actual bottom line income. Can I send in the co-sponser info with the requested info and should the co-sponser tax returns be IRS certified or just notorized?

The VO's are not tax accountants and complex tax returns can cause problems. They are instructed to look for numbers on a tax return at a specific place and if it's not there they request more info.

Your objective here is to get the visa as easily as possible. So I'd suggest ordering tax transcripts and submitting them instead of a tax return and using a co-sponsor.

You can obtain a transcript by calling (800)¨C829¨C1040 and they usually arrive in less than 10 days.

You want this to be a simple overcome. Avoid listing assets or real estate, they can cause requests for appraisals.

When you submit, provide your I-134 with 3 years tax transcripts as well as an I-134 from your co-sponsor. I'd recommend 3 years tax transcripts from your co-sponsor as well.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

The VO's are not tax accountants and complex tax returns can cause problems. They are instructed to look for numbers on a tax return at a specific place and if it's not there they request more info.

Your objective here is to get the visa as easily as possible. So I'd suggest ordering tax transcripts and submitting them instead of a tax return and using a co-sponsor.

You can obtain a transcript by calling (800)¨C829¨C1040 and they usually arrive in less than 10 days.

You want this to be a simple overcome. Avoid listing assets or real estate, they can cause requests for appraisals.

When you submit, provide your I-134 with 3 years tax transcripts as well as an I-134 from your co-sponsor. I'd recommend 3 years tax transcripts from your co-sponsor as well.

But the tax transcripts are going to show the same thing.

The key for him would be to demonstrate that he actually has assets that he can draw from. I think the income thing may be a lost cause, since it's negative.

A tax transcript would be simpler but it would still show the same apparent lack of income to the casual observer as the return I submitted. I say apparent because the numbers are there if one knows what to look for. Its probably futile so I will definately include the co-sponser this time. Is a tax script certified by the IRS?