Guest R2D2

Regional directors from all over the US vote on what to take on next. They have limited funding and the civil liberty attorneys donate time pro bono. They certainly have more important issues to address like why are people being jailed without being charged with a crime or even allowed to talk to an attorney. There was a closed door meeting to allow all of the media to be controlled by one person today. Shades of Stalin and Hitler!!!! :lol:

Guest R2D2
We may be on thin ground here. Those who are not yet Americans don't have "civil rights" so we have to show that in fact our civil rights are being abused. Not so easy.....

Dave

Many years ago, in Connecticut, there were many excellent civil rights Attorneys. I could name a few. A non-citizen has no American civil rights and an American has diminished civil rights since, in the name of, 9/11. :huh:

Hi Dave,

I hope that you're able to get some results from the ACLU. I've also wondered if they'd be interested in getting involved in our situation. But, judging from Randxeuj's post I'm not so sure.

I guess we'll find out!

Best Wishes.

I, also, checked out the ACLU. It was harder to get a live person than DOS. They recommend filling out a complaint form, but will take between 4-6 weeks to get a response back to you while going before the review board. With their limited resources our prospects seem kind of unlikely. :unsure: :unsure:

And yes our civil rights are being abused as DOS is breaking the current law as set forth in the latest applicable act, which is the Immigration and Nationality Act. All K1's and K3's are supposed to be treated as nonimmigrants not immigrants. Our namechecks should be in the 80% that only takes 2 weeks to clear, not the 20% that gets farmed out and takes forever and a day. :unsure:

Guest R2D2

Brought to you by the same agency that did not have any knowledge of the 9/11 fiasco even though they had one in custody. This is the same group that is still looking for WMD. If it wasn't for a local rookie cop, they would still be looking for the Olympic bomber. :unsure:

Just a note about civil rights, i.e., constitutional rights, they are not limited to U.S. citizens, but are available to permanent residents and visitors and to a certain extent to illegals.

of course. unfortunately they do not extend to "potential" Americans who have yet to cross over the boarder. :o

Dave

Just a note about civil rights, i.e., constitutional rights, they are not limited to U.S. citizens, but are available to permanent residents and visitors and to a certain extent to illegals.

of course. unfortunately they do not extend to "potential" Americans who have yet to cross over the boarder. :o

Dave

Perhaps we ought to amend this concept from "civil rights" to "human rights". The latter is a common foundation for US government international policies. History is replete with the US government's howls of protest when a country violates the "human rights" of its citizens. Consider the US reaction when Cuba and Libya were allowed to continue on the UN Human Rights Commission. Though the US is almost all talk, this may be an option to consider.

Dan