Have the times changed?????

YEP, Looks that way.

what's new

U.S. citizen petitioner hour moving to Monday

Starting on July 23, 2007, U.S. citizen petitioner hour will be held on Mondays, rather than Fridays. Petitioner hours will take place each Monday from 14:30 to 15:30pm. We recommend that you arrive at the consulate around 14:00 in order to go through security check procedures. At 14:30, we will stop admitting petitioners into the Immigrant Visa waiting room and will promptly begin the session at that time.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/u.s._citi...oving_to_monday

Hopefully they don't schedule any immigrant and K-Visas for Monday morning interviews, that would suck to have to be in Guangzhou a week before the interview just to attend ACH.

Actually we are going to ACH Monday 13 Aug and the interview is Monday Aug 20.

Guess I'm the lucky one, hehehehehehehehehe

YEP, Looks that way.

what's new

U.S. citizen petitioner hour moving to Monday

Starting on July 23, 2007, U.S. citizen petitioner hour will be held on Mondays, rather than Fridays. Petitioner hours will take place each Monday from 14:30 to 15:30pm. We recommend that you arrive at the consulate around 14:00 in order to go through security check procedures. At 14:30, we will stop admitting petitioners into the Immigrant Visa waiting room and will promptly begin the session at that time.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/u.s._citi...oving_to_monday

Hopefully they don't schedule any immigrant and K-Visas for Monday morning interviews, that would suck to have to be in Guangzhou a week before the interview just to attend ACH.

The policy has been, and hopefully still is, if you get into the waiting room they will see you no matter how long it takes to process those ahead of you.

Thanks Jim.

My concern was whether it took awhile to actually get into the waiting room. Sounds like it doesn't.

What is the difference between American Citizen Hour and American Petition Hour?

quote name='IllinoisDave' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:46 PM' post='319420']

The policy has been, and hopefully still is, if you get into the waiting room they will see you no matter how long it takes to process those ahead of you.

Thanks Jim.

My concern was whether it took awhile to actually get into the waiting room. Sounds like it doesn't.

Forget it I got it, its petitioner hour, so the same. :crazy:

What is the difference between American Citizen Hour and American Petition Hour?

quote name='IllinoisDave' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:46 PM' post='319420']

Thanks Jim.

Thanks Jim.

Takes no time, really.....there was a long line of Chinese waiting to be admitted through security; as an American Citizen, you just walk past this line and enter the security area, state the reason for your visit(pre-screening for security on the lower floor before you get on the escalator leading up to the floor the Consulate is on...by the coffee shop), they take your phone, etc, you walk through the airport-type detector, and enter the waiting room....get a number....wait your turn....I waited about 30 minutes before my number was called, they give you a form to fill out when you get your number....you write your questions on the form, case number, etc.....but you are not limited to the questions on the form....the VO who waited on me looked up our case in the computer, made an entry showing I attended ACH, and answered all my questions without any rush...he was very open and friendly.....young American male...I did see a couple of older American women who seemed like "burnouts" to me...they seemed kinda brusque with the people I observed them servicing....

The VO I spoke with did tell me that the visit to ACH shows up at interview time.....

Steve

Thanks Jim.

Takes no time, really.....there was a long line of Chinese waiting to be admitted through security; as an American Citizen, you just walk past this line and enter the security area, state the reason for your visit(pre-screening for security on the lower floor before you get on the escalator leading up to the floor the Consulate is on...by the coffee shop), they take your phone, etc, you walk through the airport-type detector, and enter the waiting room....get a number....wait your turn....I waited about 30 minutes before my number was called, they give you a form to fill out when you get your number....you write your questions on the form, case number, etc.....but you are not limited to the questions on the form....the VO who waited on me looked up our case in the computer, made an entry showing I attended ACH, and answered all my questions without any rush...he was very open and friendly.....young American male...I did see a couple of older American women who seemed like "burnouts" to me...they seemed kinda brusque with the people I observed them servicing....

The VO I spoke with did tell me that the visit to ACH shows up at interview time.....

Steve

Thanks Steve.

This is good info to have when I go. :)