AOS confusing

Okay, thanks Randy

I believe I have it straight now. I'm also trying to help a couple other guys (off line) who are confused about all of this. I want to make sure I have the correct information. :lol:

Okay, thanks Randy

I believe I have it straight now. I'm also trying to help a couple other guys (off line) who are confused about all of this. I want to make sure I have the correct information. :)

I'll also say here that the EAD card is the first federal ID card she will get - the only one until the green card arrives - to show legal presence.

Randy or anybody

I have one more concern then I'll lay this to rest:

On my federal income tax return for 2006, I only have a copy from my bookkeeper which is unsigned. She has her stamp on it, but the IRS has the original which I did sign. Will the copy be okay as is or should I go ahead and sign it. My bookkeeper is no longer in the state. Thanks

Randy or anybody

On my federal income tax return for 2006, I only have a copy from my bookkeeper which is unsigned. She has her stamp on it, but the IRS has the original which I did sign. Will the copy be okay as is or should I go ahead and sign it. My bookkeeper is no longer in the state. Thanks

Just bumping this up to get an opinion. :lol:

i think if i was you just in case they may want a more original type of tax paper ,i would call the 1-800-829-1040, and request your taxtranscript of your tax return, i would request, 2006,2005,2004,it's free,they may just want this on your, AOS, so that way you will be prepaired if they request them,

Randy or anybody

Just bumping this up to get an opinion. :lol:

I did a walk in at our local IRS office some time back and got a print out of mine with a certified stamp on it. I do not know if they still let you do this or not but its worth a try?

Ok, thanks everyone. I don't have time to do the IRS thing. I'm trying to beat the deadline at the end of the week. It looks like I can mail my package off on Tuesday. :lol:

The Government does not require the submission of original supporting documents on submissions such as the I-485 AOS. They may, at a later date, require you to produce an original at an interview.

The USCIS can easily verify your tax return with IRS.

Don't sweat it ...

I-864 25. Federal Income Tax Information.

You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopyfrom your own records of your Federal individual income taxreturn for the most recent tax year. If you believe additionalreturns may help you to establish your ability to maintainsufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopiesof your Federal individual income tax returns for the threemost recent years.

You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript orphotocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by aGovernment official; a plain transcript or photocopy isacceptable. Telefile tax records are not acceptable proof offiling.

Do not submit copies of your State income tax returns. Donot submit any tax returns that you filed with any foreigngovernment unless you claim that you were not required tofile a Federal tax return with the United States governmentand you wish to rely on the foreign return solely to establishthe amount of your income that is not subject to tax in theUnited States.

If you provide a photocopy of your tax return(s), you mustinclude a copy of each and every FormW-2 and Form 1099that relates to your return(s). Do not include copies of theseForms if you provide an IRS transcript of your return(s) ratherthan a photocopy.

If you checked box 22(:lol: (self-employed), you should havecompleted one of the following forms with your Federalincome tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business),Schedule D (Capital Gains), Schedule E (SupplementalIncome or Loss) or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming).You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any,that you filed with your Federal tax return.

If you were required to file a Federal income tax return duringany of the previous three tax years but did not do so, you mustfile any and all late returns with IRS and attach an IRS-generated tax return transcript documenting your late filingbefore submitting the I-864 Affidavit of Support. If you werenot required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S. taxlaw because your income was too low, attach a writtenexplanation. If you were not required to file a Federal incometax return under U.S. tax law for any other reason, attach awritten explanation including evidence of the exemption andhow you are subject to it. Residence outside of the UnitedStates does not exempt U.S. citizens or lawful permanentresidents from filing a U.S. Federal income tax return. See"Filing Requirements" in the IRS Form 1040 FilingInstructions to determine whether you were required to file.

For purposes of this affidavit, the line for gross (total) incomeon IRS Forms 1040 and 1040A will be considered whendetermining income. For persons filing IRS Form 1040 EZ,the line for adjusted gross income will be considered.

Obtaining Tax Transcripts. You may use Internal RevenueService (IRS) Form 4506-T to request tax transcripts from theIRS. Complete IRS Form 4506-T with the ending date foreach of your three most recent tax years listed on line 9.Follow all instructions for completing and filing Form 4506-Twith the IRS.

residents from filing a U.S. Federal income tax return. See"Filing Requirements" in the IRS Form 1040 FilingInstructions to determine whether you were required to file.

The Government does not require the submission of original supporting documents on submissions such as the I-485 AOS. They may, at a later date, require you to produce an original at an interview.

The USCIS can easily verify your tax return with IRS.

Don't sweat it ...

Yep,

From the USCIS site:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Ok, thanks everyone. I don't have time to do the IRS thing. I'm trying to beat the deadline at the end of the week. It looks like I can mail my package off on Tuesday. :lol:

Good luck Ron!!...I will be mailing mine either tomorrow or Wednesday!...

:lol:

Any updates, Ron?

I sent my I-485 off today by Priority Mail. Now, we wait and wait, and . . . It sure is a lot easier waiting with my sweety here with me. :rolleyes:

(Yimi, how are things going?)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

Any updates, Ron?

I sent my I-485 off today by Priority Mail. Now, we wait and wait, and . . . It sure is a lot easier waiting with my sweety here with me. :rolleyes:

(Yimi, how are things going?)

Glad you got it out in time, Ron.