K2 Follow First Steps....

Today we have emailed GUZ to ask for an October interview for Ling's daughter.

I've asked for a date and info on any additional paperwork we may need to provide/bring to the interview.

I'll keep you posted as to what kind of answers we receive.

I've asked for a date and info on any additional paperwork we may need to provide/bring to the interview.

Usually appointment dates are not set until the P-3 has been received by GZ.

Here is what we did: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=225819

Usually appointment dates are not set until the P-3 has been received by GZ.

Here is what we did: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=225819

She was included in everything right up to Ling's interview so she is already interview qualified.

Well, it looks like we will have to follow Lee's formula. We received an email back requesting a DS-230 and OF-169.

The letter was poorly written (apparently by Chinese staff--the English is rough) with a bit of room for interpretation so I sent another note quoting them, re-describing our status as I understood it, and asking for clarification. Her grandfather will not be able to accompany her to Guangzhou until late October so we have plenty of time to get this right.

Thanks for the link Lee. We'll prepare the exact same set of papers tonight and have them ready.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been almost three weeks without a response so today I called DOS.

I gave them the original case number and was told that our daughter's DS-230 and OF-169 have been received and loaded. DOS also confirmed this was the appropriate proceedure for our K2 follow.

So I guess now we wait as if the P3 is done and the P4 w/interview appointment will be here in 3-6 weeks or so. If they assign an interview earlier than the late Oct. date we requested, then I guess we contact GUZ at that point and ask if the interview date can be rescheduled.

Edited by Ling-Curt (see edit history)

It's been almost three weeks without a response so today I called DOS.

I gave them the original case number and was told that our daughter's DS-230 and OF-169 have been received and loaded. DOS also confirmed this was the appropriate proceedure for our K2 follow.

So I guess now we wait as if the P3 is done and the P4 w/interview appointment will be here in 3-6 weeks or so. If they assign an interview earlier than the late Oct. date we requested, then I guess we contact GUZ at that point and ask if the interview date can be rescheduled.

Sounds great. Since you requested an October interview they will probably accommodate you in your request, they do seem to understand the issues with parents traveling back to China for the child's interview.

We had to reschedule our son's interview because it was too close to my wife's AOS interview, we asked them to delay the interview about 30 days and ended up getting the new interview 6 weeks later. Their process is to cancel the first one and put it back in the queue, but it seemed like it went toward the top of the pile for assigning a new date.

Be sure your wife has relationship evidence for the two of you for the Child's interview. Things like bills and if possible joint ownership of house or cars just like you would for a removal of conditions interview. One member got hung up with a blue slip requesting only the parents relationship evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we requested a late October interview and today our daughter received her P4 with a Sept. 27th interview. So the family is buzzing like a bee hive.

We had requested late October as her grandfather is the only one who is really able to accompany her (she is only 15) and he is a farmer. Harvest will not be done before the end of Sept. So he tells us he can hire someone to take care of his farm's needs while he is gone for RMB30-40 per day. Ok. No problem there.

Ling really wants to pay all these expenses herself. I hope for her sake her EAD is granted soon. It has been 107 days since we sent in the AOS w/EAD apps. We have an infopass appt. for Wed. morning--hope we can get some positive news/direction out of that.

Well, we requested a late October interview and today our daughter received her P4 with a Sept. 27th interview. So the family is buzzing like a bee hive.

We had requested late October as her grandfather is the only one who is really able to accompany her (she is only 15) and he is a farmer. Harvest will not be done before the end of Sept. So he tells us he can hire someone to take care of his farm's needs while he is gone for RMB30-40 per day. Ok. No problem there.

Ling really wants to pay all these expenses herself. I hope for her sake her EAD is granted soon. It has been 107 days since we sent in the AOS w/EAD apps. We have an infopass appt. for Wed. morning--hope we can get some positive news/direction out of that.

I'd strongly recommend that you try to get an emergency AP for Ling to make the trip to GZ, the Interview date for her minor child should be enough to help with that. I think waiting for the green card would cause you to postpone the interview.

My fear is that if she isn't at the interview you could have a VO who thinks this is odd and gives a blue slip because her parents didn't think it was important.

• 5 weeks later...
Well, it looks like we will have to follow Lee's formula. We received an email back requesting a DS-230 and OF-169.

The letter was poorly written (apparently by Chinese staff--the English is rough) with a bit of room for interpretation so I sent another note quoting them, re-describing our status as I understood it, and asking for clarification. Her grandfather will not be able to accompany her to Guangzhou until late October so we have plenty of time to get this right.

Thanks for the link Lee. We'll prepare the exact same set of papers tonight and have them ready.

Hi Curt and/or Lee, (or anyone else! :D )

Do you know if the same steps are necessary for a K-4 Follow?!?

Zhen's son has now decided he would like to come to the US & I'm not sure what to do...

He was on everything all the way up to the Interview, but he did not attend since at the time he said he did not want to come. I wish he had just attended the Interview & then he could have sat on the Visa until he decided, but that was not the case.

Anyway, Zhen says the VO who Interviewed her took her phone # :blink: and would call her later to see if he still wanted to Interview. I've had a hard time believing a VO would do such a thing, and I know they will never actually call her... so what do we do to get the ball rolling?

Any help or info you could give us would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Steve & Zhen

Hi Curt and/or Lee, (or anyone else! :D )

Zhen's son has now decided he would like to come to the US & I'm not sure what to do...

He was on everything all the way up to the Interview, but he did not attend since at the time he said he did not want to come. I wish he had just attended the Interview & then he could have sat on the Visa until he decided, but that was not the case.

Anyway, Zhen says the VO who Interviewed her took her phone # :blink: and would call her later to see if he still wanted to Interview. I've had a hard time believing a VO would do such a thing, and I know they will never actually call her... so what do we do to get the ball rolling?

Any help or info you could give us would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Steve & Zhen

It is the same process, she would need to have her visa before 1/23/2008. You should get the P-3 materials to them fast and remind them that time is short. Feel free to PM me.

But there may be a hitch in the plans as your wife has Adjusted Status and the K-4 may not be available depending on how the VO's interpret the visa rules. If that is the case your son's age at the time of your marriage is critical, 18 years old is the cutoff for the USC filing an I-130, but this is the second option if the K-4 isn't available.Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the United States

Hi Curt and/or Lee, (or anyone else! :P )

Anyway, Zhen says the VO who Interviewed her took her phone # :D and would call her later to see if he still wanted to Interview. I've had a hard time believing a VO would do such a thing, and I know they will never actually call her... so what do we do to get the ball rolling?

Steve & Zhen

It is the same process, she would need to have her visa before 1/23/2008. You should get the P-3 materials to them fast and remind them that time is short. Feel free to PM me.

But there may be a hitch in the plans as your wife has Adjusted Status and the K-4 may not be available depending on how the VO's interpret the visa rules. If that is the case your son's age at the time of your marriage is critical, 18 years old is the cutoff for the USC filing an I-130, but this is the second option if the K-4 isn't available.Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the United States

Thanks a lot, Lee! He's 13 now, so I hope that means all is well! Of course I'm replying to this before I read the Link you attached :P and can't read it now in this reply. I will read it in a second, but I will also take you up on your offer of the PM, thanks so much!

Steve & Zhen