Has anyone been to this city before? Can you tell me what it is like? From what I can see, it is a medium sized city (China standards) and it is close to GZ, Macau, Hong Kong, etc....I also know there are a lot of factories there but I hear the air is not as bad as many of the other cities in China. Anyones experience about being there would be nice to hear.

We checked it out pretty thoroughly in our house hunt but never went there. I think it is as you say fairly industrial and I cannot vouch for the air quality. It is spread out...

http://newhouse.zs.soufun.com/

Here's the link for new developments in Zhongshan. It is a much cheaper alternative to Zhuhai but not as scenic. I know some of the developments looked pretty attractive but you know you really have to be there on the ground to be sure. The Chinese will fool around extensively with the backgrounds to photos... :o :rolleyes: Where are the mountains I saw online??? :lol:

We checked it out pretty thoroughly in our house hunt but never went there. I think it is as you say fairly industrial and I cannot vouch for the air quality. It is spread out...

http://newhouse.zs.soufun.com/

Here's the link for new developments in Zhongshan. It is a much cheaper alternative to Zhuhai but not as scenic. I know some of the developments looked pretty attractive but you know you really have to be there on the ground to be sure. The Chinese will fool around extensively with the backgrounds to photos... :o :rolleyes: Where are the mountains I saw online??? :lol:

Thanks for the link. My wife gave me the link www.zshouse.com. I saw some of the prices to be 2600rmb or so per square meter. I am very aware of the photo scams. I have told the wife "I no see then I no buy." We are planning on going there before the year is out.

Thanks for the reply Mr. Placebo Mod :o

I worked in ZhongShan from 1993 to 1994, and I still spend my vacations there. A nice place to live and I feel more comfortable and relaxed living there. ZhongShan seems no job opportunity for me -- they pay peanuts.

Oh, Charles, if you live in China, I'm sure I'll stand by your wife side fighting away any woman who tries to grab you.

Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)

I worked in ZhongShan from 1993 to 1994, and I still spend my vacations there. A nice place to live and I feel more comfortable and relaxed living there. ZhongShan seems no job opportunity for me -- they pay peanuts.

Oh, Charles, if you live in China, I'm sure I'll stand by your wife side fighting away any woman who tries to grab you.

I think I will have a look around there next time I go to China. I can guarantee you that I will not have time to be grabbed by other women ;)

As far as paying peanuts, Zhongshan sounds a lot like Atlanta.. Not much pay but living here is fairly cheap compared to other places (California...ah ....ummmmmmm). We are not called the peanut state for nothing :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are buying in Zhongshan, check out the villa projects built by Hua Fa real estate development Co. They are based in Zhuhai and publicly traded, very good quality developer and the Zhongshan project is probably one of the best in the country. We just signed an investment deal with them putting our trust and 1.6 billion RMB in.

If you are buying in Zhongshan, check out the villa projects built by Hua Fa real estate development Co. They are based in Zhuhai and publicly traded, very good quality developer and the Zhongshan project is probably one of the best in the country. We just signed an investment deal with them putting our trust and 1.6 billion RMB in.

Thanks Tony :lol: Do you have a website for Hua Fen?

• 3 months later...

Zhongshan is indeed a very nice city. I found it to be very clean with marvelous landscaping. The rivers appeared to be clean and the city has a great deal of modern architecture. I have never seen so many banana trees in all my life!! The people there are very nice and always smiling. When my wife asked a bread vendor if all of the bread contained sugar, he said "yes." This impressed my wife and she told me that the people there will tell the truth even if it means not getting a sale.

I am very happy that I will become a resident there sometime in the future.