Civil Surgeons

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$15 to $500... call around.

Only ask for a signoff on the vaccination supplement (NO PHYSICAL NEEDED or being asked for!).

This assumes you'll get the vaccination shots prior (somewhere cheaper and bring the proof of the vaccinations to the CS)... or you can pay the CS to do the shots...

$15 to $500... call around.

Only ask for a signoff on the vaccination supplement (NO PHYSICAL NEEDED or being asked for!).

This assumes you'll get the vaccination shots prior (somewhere cheaper and bring the proof of the vaccinations to the CS)... or you can pay the CS to do the shots...

Correct, Yu had vaccinations done in China, and we brought the vaccination record to the CS and had them transfered to a supplement for $35. The CS kept insisting over the phone that a full medical needed to be done, but quickly stopped that when I showed him the I-485 instructions, and paragraph where only the supplement needed to be done if medical was done for visa interview, in less than a year.

You need to be very firm on just needing the vaccination supplement done, many telephone reception persons at the doctors office don't understand this and keep quoting the full price.

One last thing, check your local health department, they may have a US Civil Surgeon on staff, that may even do the supplement for no charge.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25608&hl=

Lao Po got her immunizations at the County Health Clinic for $185. Quite a bit, but still cheaper than elsewhere. I called the local Civil Surgeon, who is not that familiar with K-VISAS, but were kind and told me to bring the documentation that states the medical exam is not required.

Thank you all. Does anyone know which shots are needed? Does that differ with everyone? Now I can say "my wife" had three shots for her medical exam. I'm not sure what they are, but here is what she had:

Td, Varicella or Varilrix, and Priorix. I have the "International Certificate of Vaccination" for those shots. :P

Don, you are right. Two of the so-called "civil surgeons" I called tried to sell me the farm. I'm sorry to say, I was not knowledgable enough to "educate" them.

And Lee, I did call the local health dept. and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. :unsure:

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

Okay, thanks Jim.

Now, somebody set me straight so that I can set my buddy straight in Massachusetts. He filed for AOS and never saw a civil surgeon. He said that he only needed a copy of the immunizations which his wife got in GUZ - same as mine. Plus other documents of course. He has already sent his packet in.

Okay, thanks Jim.

Now, somebody set me straight so that I can set my buddy straight in Massachusetts. He filed for AOS and never saw a civil surgeon. He said that he only needed a copy of the immunizations which his wife got in GUZ - same as mine. Plus other documents of course. He has already sent his packet in.

That is correct Ron. If your wife really got the required immunization shots in China and she has proper documentation of those shots, then she will not need to have them done here again. You still do need to see a CS to have the form I-693a filled out. The documentation your wife obtain in China is not enough to suffice the US government here. The CS needs to transfer that info to the I-693a form.

Okay, thanks Jim.

Your friend will probably have the Chinese vaccination record returned, or worse yet, get an RFE for the supplement and not get the Chinese record back and having to prove vaccinations to a Civil Surgeon another way, and get an RFE for the supplement, your friend failed to take the time and read the instructions included with form I-485.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I could not find a 693a. USCIS has a 693. Are they different? Which part do I fill out? Do I need all four copies? Same with the G325A - all four copies? Also, is there a place where I can find the fillable forms. Most of the PDF form on USCIS are not fillable.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I could not find a 693a. USCIS has a 693. Are they different? Which part do I fill out? Do I need all four copies? Same with the G325A - all four copies? Also, is there a place where I can find the fillable forms. Most of the PDF form on USCIS are not fillable.

http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/DQ/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Is also linked on the USCIS site on this page:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Look in the upper right corner.