I-485 sent 7/10/07-AoS Interview passed 10/30/07

Ok. The procrastination is finally over.

We completed our I-485 paperwork this past weekend.

The 10.4oz package was sent using USPS Priority Mail to the Chicago lockbox.

I biked to my local post office this evening at 10:15 pm to drop off the Priority Mail envelope.

I could have just left it out in our mailbox for the letter carrier to retrieve it with tomorrow's mail delivery, but this gave me an excuse to ride our new bike. :yahoo:

Back and forth, it took about 15 minutes on the bike.

Here's to hoping my local USCIS office adjudicates I-485 applications quickly! ;)

Edited by Trigg (see edit history)

Good luck on the next step, Sir.

Did you drip a little sweat on the package for good luck?

Thanks Tony and Don.

I'm not aware of this little sweat for good luck custom. :unsure:

I did ride to the Post Office at 10pm local time so it was a bit chilly frankly. No sweat anywhere to be found, even if I wanted to drip a little. :P

The 10.4oz package was sent using USPS Priority Mail to the Chicago lockbox.

I biked to my local post office this evening at 10:15 pm to drop off the Priority Mail envelope.

I could have just left it out in our mailbox for the letter carrier to retrieve it with tomorrow's mail delivery, but this gave me an excuse to ride our new bike. :D

Back and forth, it took about 15 minutes on the bike.

Here's to hoping my local USCIS office adjudicates I-485 applications quickly! B)

Hey Lance.

You could have sent that bad boy to me and I would've hand-delivered it to the lock-box. :)

I would've had to drive though. Chicago's a little far for a bike ride carrying a 10.4 oz package. :)

Good luck my friend.

Cool, you beat the price hike. Gotta love that, huh?

Good luck with a speedy AOS.

You know it! :)

As my wife doesn't need EAD or AP, there's no way in hell I would have waited until after 7/30/07 and paid $1010 for this process that I should only be paying $395 for. :P

Thanks for the good wishes.

Hey Lance

Good luck with yours. Mine is ready to go if I can ever get this civil surgeon part of it done. That's my holdup right now. I, too, am trying to beat the deadline. :)

Hey Lance

Good luck with yours. Mine is ready to go if I can ever get this civil surgeon part of it done. That's my holdup right now. I, too, am trying to beat the deadline. :o

Ron, thanks.

As for your I-693a, if worse comes to worst, just send in the I-485 without the I-693a for now and at most you'll get a RFE later for it. Better to get your app in before the deadline rather than pay $600 more if you file after 7/30/07.

Good luck ole friend! :)

All right, Sir!!

Looks like I have procrastinated longer than you. My two I-485's will go in tomorrow or Friday.

The idiotic Civil Surgeon set us back about a month, but I have also drug my feet on this.

We're still beating the $1010 deadline, though!

Hope yours sails through.

Hank

All right, Sir!!

Looks like I have procrastinated longer than you. My two I-485's will go in tomorrow or Friday.

The idiotic Civil Surgeon set us back about a month, but I have also drug my feet on this.

We're still beating the $1010 deadline, though!

Hope yours sails through.

Hank

Hey Hank! Glad you can get yours in before the deadline. Best wishes for your wife's speedy AOS as well! :sosad:

I'm still having trouble with the civil surgeon. Every one I call insists on doing the tb test and a blood test. Most are between $130 and $150 dollars. Some will only take cash. What a scam!!!

I'm still having trouble with the civil surgeon. Every one I call insists on doing the tb test and a blood test. Most are between $130 and $150 dollars. Some will only take cash. What a scam!!!

It is a scam!! My friend who is married to a HK lady, used and recommended the CS who I had trouble with. He and his wife went to their AOS interview a couple of weeks ago and got blue slipped because the CS had left so many items blank on his I-693 (his wife had the full physical by this CS, which was required in her case). My friend stormed the Doc's office when he got back to Knoxville, but the doc wouldn't see him. The doc subsequently Did fill out the paperwork correctly and my friend sent it to Memphis. They were just notified that they will receive the GC within 60 days. What a hassle!...and a 2 month delay because a CS who was smart enough to graduate from Medical School doesn't know or doesn't care about USCIS requirements for which she was designated to understand and provide.

Edited by hankster (see edit history)