Interview question about Ex-wife

Hi everybody,

does anybody know why some of the vo's asked questions about your fianc¨¦'s ex-wife

1, do you know where she lives

2. Do you have her address

3. What is her Social Security number

these are very personal questions and I think they should not be asked in the interview process, it looks like the vo's a looking for a way to give you a white slip, Security number......thanks

Because the consulate is a part of the DOS (Dept of State) and they have authority over visa issuance... and are guarded against filing for immigration benefits with fraudulent intentions.

If you file for a master card, they are going to ask for your proper intentions to ever pay them (ie: what's your income).. same thing here.. if you want to file for something, then you got to give them what they want.. if you want what your filing for...

---

The most basic kinds of fraud are:

- One way fraud: One person is engaged in the fraud

- Tow way fraud: Both sides are engaged in the fraud

Often the consulate is trying to determine the status of a "ex" to see if one side is still living with their "ex"...

Hi everybody,

does anybody know why some of the vo's asked questions about your fianc¨¦'s ex-wife

these are very personal questions and I think they should not be asked in the interview process, it looks like the vo's a looking for a way to give you a white slip, Security number......thanks

Last year they busted a marriage ring operating in Los Angeles. This ring was specifically selling green card services to Asian women. Many were from China. They would have men who were still living with their ex-spouses file for these women. Since that bust they have been asking for this information.

Is it personal information? Why, you are no longer married to your ex. You have nothing to hide. I would worry if you disclosing to a source other than our government. They will safe guard any personal information disclosed like SSN. Remember, you are giving the SSN to your government who gave you this number in the first place. It will be safe.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)
Because the consulate is a part of the DOS (Dept of State) and they have authority over visa issuance... and are guarded against filing for immigration benefits with fraudulent intentions.

If you file for a master card, they are going to ask for your proper intentions to ever pay them (ie: what's your income).. same thing here.. if you want to file for something, then you got to give them what they want.. if you want what your filing for...

---

The most basic kinds of fraud are:

- One way fraud: One person is engaged in the fraud

- Tow way fraud: Both sides are engaged in the fraud

Often the consulate is trying to determine the status of a "ex" to see if one side is still living with their "ex"...

That is exactly what I was told when I went to ACH in GUZ. When we were given denial paperwork, it was under many conditions but primarily checking for fraud. GUZ wanted proof that my ex was no longer living nor connected to me in any way financially (bank acct's, loans, trust funds, retirement, etc...) The fear I suspect is that the beneficiary is getting visa to meet up with a spouse or whatever in the USA and circumvent the whole visa process.

but why would the person who is in the interview even know anything about the Beneficiary's ex....

would the VO be crossing his fingers that they were told about them?

i dont understand

Thanks guys for the response,

but I still think the vo's have no right to ask for your ex-wife Social Security number, if you fianc¨¦e gave them the Social Security number to interviewer don't you think they think this is the setup how would you fianc¨¦e know this number unless I gave to her............

Welcome to CFL John. As you are beginning to notice there are lots of unfair things about this process. Trouble is they hold all the cards and you have to jump through the hoops. Unless you have tons of money to fight it in court you might as well knuckle under and be prepared to give them what ever they want. As our sage leader Don once told me when my wife and I were overcoming a blue slip, "use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of your mouth while kissing their a@#" Fortunately not many people have to supply them with such information. Still it is best to be prepared and have it handy.

If you truly feel that your exwife will be an issue then I suggest that in your petition to the USCIS, you address the red flag issue and back it up with proof. If you have already filed then cross your fingers and have your SO prepared for the interview. Give her the kitchen sink as David has outlined (THANKS DAVID ;) and then hope for the best.

but why would the person who is in the interview even know anything about the Beneficiary's ex....

would the VO be crossing his fingers that they were told about them?

i dont understand

She files a DS-230, Application for Visa to DOS.. who has authority over who can be issued a visa..... and she's filing on a family-based visa with a USC.

If she files, she must provide certain information as part of the application process. They state in one of the letters to get this information; she only needs to know it in the sense of telling the USC-half to give it (the information) to her...

Hi everybody,

I did a poll on CFL recently, and using CFL as a sample size, roughly 70% of those USC applying for a K visa for their SOs are either divorced or widowed. A smaller but still significant (about 50%) of their Chinese SOs also are divorced or widowed. This sample size probably matches the overall demographic seeking a K visa fairly well. This implies VOs encounter the "ex" situation frequently.

However, most do not get white-slipped. The failure rate is small considering the number of visa seekers with an ex.

This year they seem to be scrutinizing the ex's a bit more, as blue slips for ex-related information is higher than in past years.

So please don't sweat the ex thing too much. Try to be prepared for the basic information and you should do fine.

these are very personal questions and I think they should not be asked in the interview

You are in the land of GUZ and like the land of oz you will give them any thing they desire... inside that building they are .....GOD.... like being in the service..... someone says jump you say how high... SIR No matter if you are the CEO of a major corporation or a factory worker we are all the same at interview time ...they ask we give ... :lol: