I have recently learned that our case has been sent from NVC to GUZ.

When should I:

*Request from my employer/s the letter stating my employment?

*Have my SO obtain her police report and document of being single?

I am concerned of how the dates on the letter/s and the dates on the last two documents that she will need should read in relation to the timelines of most for the interview. I know I need them to be recent, but don't want to get caught without or scrambling at the last minute also.

Should I begin gathering these required documents now or gamble a little and wait some?

Thanks for the help.

Clayton

Guest Mike and Lily

I have recently learned that our case has been sent from NVC to GUZ.

When should I:

*Request from my employer/s the letter stating my employment?

*Have my SO obtain her police report and document of being single?

I am concerned of how the dates on the letter/s and the dates on the last two documents that she will need should read in relation to the timelines of most for the interview. I know I need them to be recent, but don't want to get caught without or scrambling at the last minute also.

Should I begin gathering these required documents now or gamble a little and wait some?

Thanks for the help.

Clayton

My suggestion would be to have your SO get her police, single, divorce (if any) and birth certificates together and take them to the Gongshengshu. The police and single certificate have a one year lifespan, so it's not as time sensitive as the financial stuff and it can take a little while to get those things.

Edited by Mike and Lily (see edit history)

My suggestion would be to have your SO get her police, single, divorce (if any) and birth certificates together and take them to the Gongshengshu. The police and single certificate have a one year lifespan, so it's not as time sensitive as the financial stuff and it can take a little while to get those things.

Thanks Mike.

We have all documents at this time. We jumped the gun in December and had obtained them prematurely. We understand the divorce and birth certs. are not needing any updates, but will have the police and single certs. updated next month.

I am feeling that it will be in December before we reach the interview process so we will collect more recent docs. Worried the ones we now have will be too closely dated to the one year expiration date when our interview comes around.

Thanks for the PM. I have all my tax transcripts including W-2's, received them last week. Pay stubs can be gathered easily as I have all from the past three years and add to them twice monthly.

My concern is the letters from the employer/s. I can get them reasonably fast, but I am always preparing all in advance and if the letters can be dated in July or August for a December interview, I will get them gathered also. Too early?

Clayton

For my I-134 I waited until she had P4 before preparing it, P-4 to interview was 1.5 month for us, so even if I did not go to China fro the interview, I had plenty of time to mail it to her.

As for the other items from the notary office, wait until you receive P-3.

That is what we did.

sometime about August 15th, you will know that the P-3 was generated, you can wait for the P-3 or you can prepare the DS-230 and the OF-169, and send them to GUZ as soon as you know the P-3 is in the computer. We sent ours' back 8 days before we receive the P-3. Mike & Zhen

sometime about August 15th, you will know that the P-3 was generated, you can wait for the P-3 or you can prepare the DS-230 and the OF-169, and send them to GUZ as soon as you know the P-3 is in the computer. We sent ours' back 8 days before we receive the P-3. Mike & Zhen

Yes Mike !!

Whenever the opportunity to be 'pro-active' presents itself; go for it !! :unsure: