AOS Physical

Dennis I would say that you could rationalize it very easily. It's the USA Government. Nothing more, nothing less. We have no control.

TB is a pretty bad thing to have, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, and Latin America Countries are all known for their high % of TB cases. I dont think the USA Government will ever stop testing immigrants for TB.

Dennis I would say that you could rationalize it very easily. It's the USA Government. Nothing more, nothing less. We have no control.

TB is a pretty bad thing to have, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, and Latin America Countries are all known for their high % of TB cases. I dont think the USA Government will ever stop testing immigrants for TB.

Any one read how that will be handled in the next immigration bill?

Dennis, something is not adding up for me here.

Before Leiqin was injected with the 3 needles, you or she were NOT informed exactly what they were injecting into her or for what purpose these injections were for? This sounds like a federal lawsuit waiting to be filed--perhaps even class action status.

For certain, I would have asked exactly what tests/shots they were injecting into myself or my wife. Even if it's a federal requirement that it must be conducted, I'd still demand to know exactly what it is before any injections.

I'm shocked you had to go to another doctor to find out what test(s) they were conducting.

:lol: :blink: :P :roller:

Leiqin received notice that she needed to get some sort of medical exam for her AOS. We went to the appointed medical center in Hollywood last Saturday where they stuck her with 3 needles and put a small, round patch on her forearm and told her not to bathe that night.

I am trying to determine what the patch is. It isn't a TB test, I'm sure. From various searches it may be something to check her reaction to various viruses. The thing is, yesterday the area where the patch was on her forearm a very red spot started swelling and seemed to have a few tiny blisters on it. Today it is red and still swollen (only in the area where the 1" patch was).

Anyone know what this test is and what her reaction means?

We are to return next Saturday to pick up her sealed medical package that we will mail back to USCIS with some additional papers.

Before Leiqin was injected with the 3 needles, you or she were NOT informed exactly what they were injecting into her or for what purpose these injections were for? This sounds like a federal lawsuit waiting to be filed--perhaps even class action status.

For certain, I would have asked exactly what tests/shots they were injecting into myself or my wife. Even if it's a federal requirement that it must be conducted, I'd still demand to know exactly what it is before any injections.

I'm shocked you had to go to another doctor to find out what test(s) they were conducting.

:lol: :blink: :P :unsure:

I am pretty hard on myself when it comes to her welfare. I feel foolish, as though I let her down. Hindsight is 20/20, Lance. Even if they had told me what tests they were giving her, I still wouldn't have known that she shouldn't be given them. Just thank God that she's fine now. It certainly will NEVER happen like that again.

Ling's reaction was a painful red lump about 2"x4" on the inside of her forearm that lasted for almost a full month. At least we knew what it was from (although we had a few scarey moments afraid that she had TB) and the Doc was good about telling us what to expect and not to let anyone test her again.

:huh: :blink: :o :unsure:

I am pretty hard on myself when it comes to her welfare. I feel foolish, as though I let her down. Hindsight is 20/20, Lance. Even if they had told me what tests they were giving her, I still wouldn't have known that she shouldn't be given them. Just thank God that she's fine now. It certainly will NEVER happen like that again.

Brother Dennis, I'm not directing my outrage at you. Pardon me if you thought I was chastising you. I'm 100% directing my outrage at the technician who gave your wife the injections. I'm outraged that you and your wife were not better informed of potential reactions.

I'm glad to hear your wife is OK now. Obviously that's the most important thing.

I still think you have grounds for a lawsuit. This does not sound to me like it was informed consent.

:huh: :blink: :o :(

Dennis ,

I think the best defense you can now have is a written report about the reaction and that it is kept in her medical file s and that you also have a copy of this report .

The MD should write this as to prevent any future mandatory testing .