Hey guys, I did several searches to figure out the contents that I should be sending to my SO now that we have the P3. I saw read several postings, but they had more specific questions about co-sponsors and pertaining to marriage P-3s, which may or may not be different than K-1 P-3s?.

I'm wondering what, completely, does a non-cosponsor Western fiance need to send the foreign SO after the P-3 is received. Here's the list I devised based on reading some online help items, the affidavit of support instructions, having my SO email me images of her P-3 packet, etc.

This is what I'm compiling to send her thus far. PLEASE let me know if I'm wrong on anything or am missing something important.

- Affidavit of Support - completed and notarized

- Employer Letter showing status, salary, start date and job title (company letter head, signed by employer)

- Copies of last 3 tax returns (notarized? I am getting mixed info)

- Bank Statement showing account open date, present balance and yearly deposit total

- New "Intent to Marry" letter (newly dated and signed)

- 3 recent pay stubs

- New proof of ongoing relationship (recent photos, phone bills, emails, letters, etc)

- The original K-1 package.

Hey guys, I did several searches to figure out the contents that I should be sending to my SO now that we have the P3. I saw read several postings, but they had more specific questions about co-sponsors and pertaining to marriage P-3s, which may or may not be different than K-1 P-3s?.

I'm wondering what, completely, does a non-cosponsor Western fiance need to send the foreign SO after the P-3 is received. Here's the list I devised based on reading some online help items, the affidavit of support instructions, having my SO email me images of her P-3 packet, etc.

This is what I'm compiling to send her thus far. PLEASE let me know if I'm wrong on anything or am missing something important.

- Employer Letter showing status, salary, start date and job title (company letter head, signed by employer)

- Bank Statement showing account open date, present balance and yearly deposit total

- 3 recent pay stubs

- New proof of ongoing relationship (recent photos, phone bills, emails, letters, etc)

how did you get your i-134 notorized?.....did you just fill it out and have a notary public notorize it? what about tax returns...statement from bank and employers etc?....do you need to present those to the notary public to get your i-134 notorized? let me know how you did it..thank you

andy

Guest Mike and Lily

If you send a bank statement, you will also need a signed statement from a bank officer as well. (for the assets to be counted) Tax transcripts from the IRS work better than notarized returns if you can get them in time. If you have any "Ex" issues, you need to send a whole boatload of documentation for that as well.

- 3 recent pay stubs

how did you get your i-134 notorized?.....did you just fill it out and have a notary public notorize it? what about tax returns...statement from bank and employers etc?....do you need to present those to the notary public to get your i-134 notorized? let me know how you did it..thank you

andy

For the i-134, exactly. i have no idea if I am supposed to notarize the tax statements. Seems strange to do that, since they're already signed and processed a while ago. What is the notary supposed to be verifying on the tax statements?

- 3 recent pay stubs

andy

For the i-134, exactly. i have no idea if I am supposed to notarize the tax statements. Seems strange to do that, since they're already signed and processed a while ago. What is the notary supposed to be verifying on the tax statements?

Just answered in another thread...

The notary block is in the I-134... you are only notarizing that document... nothing else.

If you choose to notarize (or really get certified copies) of your taxes, that is up to you.. or get tax transcripts from the IRS... is up to you.

andy

No - he's asking if they need notarization - and, no, they don't.

Only the I-134 itself.

Thanks for checking my list everyone. i feel much better about sending this out now.

Oops, I forgot to mention W-2s. I'll grab those. Also, my SO mentioned that I should send a copy of my "house ownership certificate". I have no idea what that is. I guess that is only necessary if you enter your house equity as an asset on the Support form, right?

Thanks for checking my list everyone. i feel much better about sending this out now.

Oops, I forgot to mention W-2s. I'll grab those. Also, my SO mentioned that I should send a copy of my "house ownership certificate". I have no idea what that is. I guess that is only necessary if you enter your house equity as an asset on the Support form, right?

It sounds as though she thinks you own your own home, Travis. Are you sure that she fully understands the western system of borrowing and trust deeds etc?

Good luck little brother.

It sounds as though she thinks you own your own home, Travis. Are you sure that she fully understands the western system of borrowing and trust deeds etc?

Good luck little brother.

I do have a home, hehe, in a western sense of the word (aka. Making payments until I'm 60!). I forgot about deeds, doh, that's probably what she's talking about. Thanks Dennis! You da man!