Mixed Emotions-Could Use Some Advice

No, for emergency care there is no need to repay anything if you are covered under Medi-Cal. You do not need to repay anything related to the pregnancy either. Prenatal care is usually at private clinics, and most doctors accept Medi-Cal as an insurance provider. On your card, it will say which benifits you are entitled to.

You will not be billed for pregnancy related costs.

You would only be billed if you entered fraudulent information when you applied for public benifits. If you used you new medi-cal card to say, get a bone spur removed or have corrective eye surgery, then you may get billed for the services. But being that the government would also have fraud charges up against you, the medical bills would be the least of your worries.

Woah! That's pretty generous. Where is this at? Your county hospital?

Are you sure you won't be billed later for this? I know for emergency care, that they have to try and save your life, but you then get billed for it and they can take action against you if you don't pay, like referring the billing over to a collections agency. :thank_you_so_much:

Would it be similar with the pregnancy? That you'll end up being billed for all the services utilized?

"Free clinics" have been available since the sixties, especially in university areas. They have little to do with either insurance or the traditional medical establishment.

Some of our members have reported using them for the vaccinations needed for AOS.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Yes. I've been sending out resumes, foot stomping & knocking on doors, to no Avail. We really can't afford to move anywhere at this point as we have utilized virtually every source of savings that we have, (except our IRAs) and under now way are we going to go into touching that. It's not much now, but when we reach retirement, it should be enough to allow us to move back to china to retire.

I've tried looking at being a data cable & telcom cable monkey, but most of those only want someone for a couple of weeks, or months,all of which do not offer any medical insurance. Then after the work is done, it could be months before I found any more work. This is just unacceptable. I need full time Perm work if we are going to make it. And since WM is about the only steady thing here locally, It would be a fool to walk away from it.