Have any of you ever slept on bamboo or grass cloth? I have found these quite refreshing for a cool night's sleep on a warm night.

Yeah, a bamboo mat on a plywood bed in sweltering summer Nanning heat. Very "refreshing". :lol:

Been there done that myself. Refreshing is not what I had in mind.

Have any of you ever slept on bamboo or grass cloth? I have found these quite refreshing for a cool night's sleep on a warm night.

Yeah, a bamboo mat on a plywood bed in sweltering summer Nanning heat. Very "refreshing". :blink:

You forgot to mention the Chinese wife/SO sprawled out on top of you.....

Hey!!! SHE's the smart one......using me for a mattress is more comfortable than a Chinese bed.....

......and I don't mind too much......(smirk)......

Steve

I think those bamboo covers are great!!

I slept on them every night for the pass two weeks while i was in Chongqing.

There great on those hot summer nights.

But there not that good for doing the wild thing!!

I guess you could call it bamboo burns! :blink:

I really did enjoy sleeping on the bamboo mat when it was hot there. It was the only cool relief that I got. I brought home from my last trip a grass cloth for the bed and the pillow. Definitely a bit more comfortable and it does relieve the heat also. I also came home with some grass burns :lol:

My wife kept me from it. I don't think she will take me to her parents until they rebuild their home. Otherwise she had this rather comfortable hard mattress on plywood, like the stores are beginning to sell here in the USA now ;)

She regrets she picked such a hard mattress here in the US. So maybe she will be glad to travel with me :lol:

I can't believe you all are serious! Wow! I hate those bamboo mats. I am somewhat harry. My chest/back/leg/arm/head hair was constantly getting caught in the mat and being yanked out. I had to sleep in a t-shirt because of it... Also, the little bamboo peices would stick in my side. After a few nights of that, I put a sheet on the floor... It was softer, cooler, and more comfortable... Oh how I love my AC and Select Comfort bed!!!!

I can't believe you all are serious! Wow! I hate those bamboo mats. I am somewhat harry. My chest/back/leg/arm/head hair was constantly getting caught in the mat and being yanked out. I had to sleep in a t-shirt because of it... Also, the little bamboo peices would stick in my side. After a few nights of that, I put a sheet on the floor... It was softer, cooler, and more comfortable... Oh how I love my AC and Select Comfort bed!!!!

You spoiled American :lol: