After i am married

What needs to be done. I am a bit confused. When do i take SO to the Civil surgeon, What forms need to be filled etc.

I see that she needs the suppliment but i dont have any info from her Med exam in GUZ about her immunizations so what do i do

Any help i would be thankful for

Todd

Edited by tcrocks38 (see edit history)

For AOS you need to fill out the I-485 and submit it to the proper authorities.

Included with the I-485 will be the I-864 and the G-325A form. It's all in the I-485 instructions.

There are a couple of approaches when dealing with a Civil Surgeon.

First, you'll need to find a good one in your area. Look on the USCIS website under the Civil Surgeon look up page. You'll find it. Not a problem.

She will need the 3 basic shots to meet the criteria; Varicella (chicken pox), MMR and the Tetanus/Diptheria shots. Those are the three needed. The CS may require a TB prick test. That's no big deal. You can usually get it free at your local health department. Call your local health department and inquire about all three shots and the TB test. Also, these shots can be done by your family doctor. Put your wife on your health insurance to cover costs.

Go to the CS with documentation (proof) of all the shots and TB test. The CS will then fill out the necessary papers and put them in a sealed envelope to give you.

You can then mail the envelope along with the I-485 et al, or you can hold on to it and turn it in to the IO at your AOS appointment. If the USCIS sends you a RFE for the I-693 supplement, then just simply mail it to them. No time will be lost, no delay involved actually. It's a risk but no big deal.

I hope this helps you some. The paperwork is easy and you can ask anything you need an answer on. We are all here to help. Or better yet, "We aim to please!"..............:lol:

-good luck

Many Civil Surgeons don't understand the K-Visa and like to insist on full medical, we had this problem, and the solution is to take form I-485 instructions with you to the doctor, and point out the USCIS instructions for K-Visas. I pointed this out to the doctor and he stopped insisting on the full medical and did the supplement for $35.

Highlight this on page 3 in the instructions and show to doctor:

Fianc¨¦(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

After i am married

What needs to be done. I am a bit confused. When do i take SO to the Civil surgeon, What forms need to be filled etc.

I see that she needs the suppliment but i dont have any info from her Med exam in GUZ about her immunizations so what do i do

Any help i would be thankful for

Todd

Get all this done before July 30 when fees skyrocket.

Many Civil Surgeons don't understand the K-Visa and like to insist on full medical, we had this problem, and the solution is to take form I-485 instructions with you to the doctor, and point out the USCIS instructions for K-Visas. I pointed this out to the doctor and he stopped insisting on the full medical and did the supplement for $35.

Fianc¨¦(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

I was under the impression that if you were a K-1 and your SO had a medical examination within the past year (such as the one she got in Guangzhou prior to her K-1 interview) then we wouldn't have to go to a Civil Surgeon at all. But we would need to submit vaccinations with the AOS paperwork. Am I right in my assumption or way wrong?

Fianc¨¦(e)s.

I was under the impression that if you were a K-1 and your SO had a medical examination within the past year (such as the one she got in Guangzhou prior to her K-1 interview) then we wouldn't have to go to a Civil Surgeon at all. But we would need to submit vaccinations with the AOS paperwork. Am I right in my assumption or way wrong?

signed and sealed by your civil surgeon

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Fianc¨¦(e)s.

Half right, no medical is needed but USCIS wont just take the little yellow book given in China for the vaccinations, a US Civil Surgeon has to transfer the record to a vaccination supplement (I-693A) sign and seal it for you to send off with the AOS paper work. SEE Quote above.

Fianc¨¦(e)s.

Half right, no medical is needed but USCIS wont just take the little yellow book given in China for the vaccinations, a US Civil Surgeon has to transfer the record to a vaccination supplement (I-693A) sign and seal it for you to send off with the AOS paper work. SEE Quote above.

The I-693 supplement sheet listed more than 3 vaccines. Why only Varicella (chicken pox), MMR and the Tetanus/Diptheria shots are needed? Thanks.

The I-693 supplement sheet listed more than 3 vaccines. Why only Varicella (chicken pox), MMR and the Tetanus/Diptheria shots are needed? Thanks.

Some of the vaccinations are age dependent, the 3 above are what are expected immigrants of our age group.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

The listed 3 are what our civil surgeon determined as appropriate for our age group, as well as the only ones given by the medical center in Guangzhou, apparently the med center GUZ has dealt with this before and know what to give for travel to the USA.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Some of the vaccinations are age dependent, the 3 above are what are expected immigrants of our age group.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

The listed 3 are what our civil surgeon determined as appropriate for our age group, as well as the only ones given by the medical center in Guangzhou, apparently the med center GUZ has dealt with this before and know what to give for travel to the USA.

Thank you for your help!