Overcome question

Hello all.

I'm just sitting here missing my wife and can not sleep! ;)

I'm just wishing the next 6 weeks would go by quicker

so we can summit our overcome papers.

I have one question to ask anyone that knows!

I know this question has been asked before but i will ask again.

When we hand in our overcome papers on th 23rd of next month

how long does it take to find out if my wifes visa is approved or not??

From what I remember, people have reported getting the visa the next day. I remember a post like that one time. They handed in their papers and then were told to leave their passport and return the next day. I think that is how it went. I don't know any details about them having to pick the visa up at the post office or not. If that's the case then it might take two or three days. What I do remember from previous posts is that them asking for the passport after turning in the overcome is a good sign! :P

The standard right now is 2 working days after turning in, you should 'know' something..

that something is usually a final determination (pickup or denial), but in some cases it is 'wait'. that wait has been for minor issues like a mailing snafu (add a few days to a week) to additional processing rearing it's ugly head (add indefinitely time, but I would say anwhere from1-6 months).

Hello all.

I'm just sitting here missing my wife and can not sleep! :angry:

I'm just wishing the next 6 weeks would go by quicker

so we can summit our overcome papers.

I have one question to ask anyone that knows!

I know this question has been asked before but i will ask again.

When we hand in our overcome papers on th 23rd of next month

how long does it take to find out if my wifes visa is approved or not??

We received Blue Slip because our Translations were done wrong.

6 Weeks later we had an appointment to hand over the corrected translations,but we were given a second Blue Slip telling us only to go home and wait for 3 months,and if we did not hear from GuangZhou,we should telephone/email to them.

Well,it was 6 MONTHS LATER before they contacted us,telling us to come to GuangZhou again.

From what I remember, people have reported getting the visa the next day. I remember a post like that one time. They handed in their papers and then were told to leave their passport and return the next day. I think that is how it went. I don't know any details about them having to pick the visa up at the post office or not. If that's the case then it might take two or three days. What I do remember from previous posts is that them asking for the passport after turning in the overcome is a good sign! B)

That is exactly what happened with us :P

My wife turned in her son's overcome papers on a Tuesday. She almost walked out with the papers on Thursday, but they pulled them back as she was walking out the door. They then asked for a DNA test. That slowed the process about another 2-3 weeks.

That seems a little extreme to ask for a DNA test ,is there something differrent about your case-

or is this going to be the new standard of Stupidity we now can expect from the GUZ?