Just wanted to give an update.

Apparently there's no need to wait 3 months for the passport. He's already gone to the passport office in Pudong, Shanghai and been told it will be available in 10 days.

Wow! I gladly stand corrected! This is great news! Very surprising to me that it can be done so quickly but certainly glad to hear it.

Good luck with GUZ. Hope they replace your husband's visa as quickly! :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to give an update.

Apparently there's no need to wait 3 months for the passport. He's already gone to the passport office in Pudong, Shanghai and been told it will be available in 10 days.

I have to say, though, that the stupidity of the Guangzhou consulate people is REALLY getting to me. Do they do it on purpose to make us squirm?

They finally gave my husband a call Monday and said that he needed to go to Guangzhou to cancel the visa. However, she was unable to tell him how to get it replaced. She said we need to send another email to guangzhou to ask that question. MY GOD!!!!

He's already got a plane ticket for tomorrow. Wondering if he could wait a couple weeks and just get it all done in one visit (the cancellation and the replacement)?!

I need to write another stinkin email to guangzhou specifically asking how to replace the visa now. God, they're so stupid. Makes me glad I'm out of that backwards country where it's so hard to get something simple done. Just need to get my husband out now.

That's outstanding!!! My wife said if they accept the application, then it will be processed normally, which you already know.

I wonder if the provinces deal with the process differently? Because in Zhejiang the 3.5 months+2weeks is the case, and according to the other forum member it' the same in Hubei province. That same member said he only waited 2 weeks when he applied in Beijing though. Both Beijing and Shanghai are municipalities. I wonder if that makes the difference? I'll see if my wife can find this out, because that would be good to know. Congrats again!!!

---------------------------

Do the e-mails go to Guz staff, or to the mostly mis/uninformed outsourcing agency?

Just an update.

Tyler traveled to GUZ and submitted a letter detailing how he had lost the passport. They accepted it with no problem and told him to contact GUZ when he had his new passport so they could issue him a replacement. Seems like it won't be a problem, so I'm hoping to have him here by July 4! :)

Also, he stayed with Mr. Yang, who said he had seen this before, and getting the visas reissued hadn't been a problem. Phew!

On a side note, apparently Mr. Yang and his places are nice than those of Mr. Xie. We had no complaints about staying with Mr. Xie last time, but my hubby thinks Mr. Yang is def a bit better.

Thanks for everyone's help with this! It's just so great to have this community during a crisis!!!!!

Cheers,

Heather

Just an update.

Tyler traveled to GUZ and submitted a letter detailing how he had lost the passport. They accepted it with no problem and told him to contact GUZ when he had his new passport so they could issue him a replacement. Seems like it won't be a problem, so I'm hoping to have him here by July 4! :)

Also, he stayed with Mr. Yang, who said he had seen this before, and getting the visas reissued hadn't been a problem. Phew!

On a side note, apparently Mr. Yang and his places are nice than those of Mr. Xie. We had no complaints about staying with Mr. Xie last time, but my hubby thinks Mr. Yang is def a bit better.

Thanks for everyone's help with this! It's just so great to have this community during a crisis!!!!!

Cheers,

Heather

Awesome to see. :) :redblob: :ok:

Just an update.

Cheers,

Heather

Kewl. Hope your 4th is a happy one together in the U.S.

Edited by Ling-Curt (see edit history)