P3 Paperwork for K1...

As when I filled out all the paperwork for the initial filing of our K1, many of my questions were answered here and I made it through that process without an RFE. Thanks to all.

I have downloaded the forms that GUZ will be sending to my SO from the link on this site in both English and Chinese and now I begin the paperwork for my SO for the P3. And, as before I have some questions.

1. Can she send in the English forms that I prepare in advance for her, (minus signature and date which she will complete herself), or is it required that she complete the Chinese forms in her own Chinese characters?

2. I have noticed some of the forms I downloaded are outdated. Are there updated P3 forms that someone can supply me with a link to?

3. I see where form DS-230 has Part I and II. Site reads that for K1 filers that only Part I needs completed...correct?

I thank you for the help. I am sure some of these questions have been answered here in the past and apologize for the repeats.

Thanks,

Clayton

1 that is what we did, DS-230 part 1 only and OF-169

2 The ones that are important for P3 are:

3 Yes Part 1 of DS-230 only for K-Visas

Updated forms can be found

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_packet_forms2.html

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

As when I filled out all the paperwork for the initial filing of our K1, many of my questions were answered here and I made it through that process without an RFE. Thanks to all.

I have downloaded the forms that GUZ will be sending to my SO from the link on this site in both English and Chinese and now I begin the paperwork for my SO for the P3. And, as before I have some questions.

1. Can she send in the English forms that I prepare in advance for her, (minus signature and date which she will complete herself), or is it required that she complete the Chinese forms in her own Chinese characters?

2. I have noticed some of the forms I downloaded are outdated. Are there updated P3 forms that someone can supply me with a link to?

3. I see where form DS-230 has Part I and II. Site reads that for K1 filers that only Part I needs completed...correct?

I thank you for the help. I am sure some of these questions have been answered here in the past and apologize for the repeats.

Thanks,

Clayton

The problem is that the documents might expire by the time she needs them, or even the OMB control numbers might be different.

You can fill them out for a sample for her to use, but I personally wouldn't submit them instead of the ones they will mail her.

In p3 the checksheet they send is in Chinese and English, so the language part shouldn't be a problem. However, my wife and I decided to fill out (check the boxes essentially) both english/chinese portions.

I think the DS230 I is only in English.

Since we're on this subject, I have a quick question about the OF-169. The instructions say to "obtain the following documents that pertain to you" and check the box etc.

Should we just leave the boxes that don't "pertain" to us like unobtainable birth certificates and military records unchecked? Or, following the rule of leaving nothing blank, should we just check them all?

Thanks

Since we're on this subject, I have a quick question about the OF-169. The instructions say to "obtain the following documents that pertain to you" and check the box etc.

Should we just leave the boxes that don't "pertain" to us like unobtainable birth certificates and military records unchecked? Or, following the rule of leaving nothing blank, should we just check them all?

Thanks

Dave,

I cannot answer this question, I assure you. But, for each question you ask pertaining to the P3 paperwork it is one less that I will have to ask.

Thanks.

Keep the questions coming.

I know there are several of us on the same timeline now and I seem to be lacking the knowledge needed to complete some of these forms and the information they seek, so I will hope to find many questions here asked by all of us.

Clayton

Dave,

I cannot answer this question, I assure you. But, for each question you ask pertaining to the P3 paperwork it is one less that I will have to ask.

Thanks.

Keep the questions coming.

I know there are several of us on the same timeline now and I seem to be lacking the knowledge needed to complete some of these forms and the information they seek, so I will hope to find many questions here asked by all of us.

Clayton

Hey Clayton,

Yeah, it's nice to have others in the same timeframe asking questions. That's how I've learned 90% of what I know now.

I was hoping since the topic was already being talked about, I'd see if Dan or someone else could answer this question I've wondered about for awhile.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread. :P

Thanks

You should be able to get record of birth, at the local notary office, Yu was born in Beijing, but got birth record in Guilin, as for the military record, yes you can leave that unchecked, Yu was a Sargent in the army, we did note this on all forms that ask about military service, and were not required to provide the records.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Available in the form of notarial certificates, which are secondary evidence. Notarial certificates of birth (Chu Sheng Gong Zheng Shu or Chu Sheng Zheng Ming Shu) for persons living in or recently departed from China are generally reliable, but are best used in conjunction with other evidence.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...der/C/China.htm

Thanks

You should be able to get record of birth, at the local notary office, Yu was born in Beijing, but got birth record in Guilin, as for the military record, yes you can leave that unchecked, Yu was a Sargent in the army, we did note this on all forms that ask about military service, and were not required to provide the records.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Available in the form of notarial certificates, which are secondary evidence. Notarial certificates of birth (Chu Sheng Gong Zheng Shu or Chu Sheng Zheng Ming Shu) for persons living in or recently departed from China are generally reliable, but are best used in conjunction with other evidence.

Thanks Dan,

We have the birth certificate duly notorized and all. I was just using the "unobtainable birth certificate" box as an example of one that didn't pertain to us. Sorry if I was unclear.

I think you answered my question though. It seems you're saying it's ok to leave the ones that don't pertain to us blank.

Thanks

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Thanks Dan,

We have the birth certificate duly notorized and all. I was just using the "unobtainable birth certificate" box as an example of one that didn't pertain to us. Sorry if I was unclear.

I think you answered my question though. It seems you're saying it's ok to leave the ones that don't pertain to us blank.

Yeah, we checked only the ones that pertained to us, eg passport photos, birth certificate, English translated documents, etc, and our name check was just completed so I assume p3 was filled out correctly.

Hello, when you hear from DOS, that the P-3 has been generated or sent, you can send your pre-completed forms ASAP, and get in line for P-4, 10 days to 2 weeks earlier. This has been done successfully by many here at CFL and also many more at VJ. There are only 2 things to return, for P-3, DS-230 - part 1, and OF-169 you can send in the English or the Chinese, it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. What you should be concentrating on is the P-4 and preparation for the interview. We wish you all a speedy pink slip, Mike & Zhen

PS: P-3 takes 10 days to 2 weeks to arrive by mail after it is generated