Long wait for P4/Interview date!

Guest Mike and Lily

It has been six weeks since my fiancee has mailed the P3 forms. GZ tells me they have them processed and the background check is done, but no interview date yet. Is this normal? I don't recall anyone else having to wait so long....

thanks,

Jeff

I am almost at that point. There is one guy here that waited 5 months for his P4 and interview date. It is quite normal to wait 6 or 7 weeks.

Edited by Mike and Lily (see edit history)

It has been six weeks since my fiancee has mailed the P3 forms. GZ tells me they have them processed and the background check is done, but no interview date yet. Is this normal? I don't recall anyone else having to wait so long....

thanks,

Jeff

I think 5-8 weeks is the norm. You'll probably get p4 soon.

You wouldn't happen to know exactly how many weeks it took for the background check to be done would you? Or did it just finish (6 weeks)?

thanks,

Jeff

Ours took nearly 8 weeks from P3 to P4. Others that submitted after us got theirs before us... and that nearly drove my SO nuts. Finally we got our P4.. interview date.. she's already done her medical and got the results back... sealed envelope, chest X-Ray and all. We're just waiting on the interview to happen (26 June). Good luck. I hope you get your P4 very soon. Calling DOS.. (after recording comes on, hit 1, new recording, hit 0 and then you're in the waiting queue for someone to help you. I never waited more than 10 minutes for a live person to come online to answer my questions.)

I have been calling each week since the third week, so somewhere between 5-6 weeks (since the P3 forms were mailed) to have the background check done. If you are in the same approximate timeline as me, it may help both of us to write and keep in touch. My e-mail is barber2525@hotmail.com

Jeff

I think 5-8 weeks is the norm. You'll probably get p4 soon.

You wouldn't happen to know exactly how many weeks it took for the background check to be done would you? Or did it just finish (6 weeks)?

I know how you are feeling, as we sent the P3 to GZ May 1st and keep calling DOS and being told GZ has not received the forms. So i faxed the forms to GZ and now just waiting its getting harder and harder not knowing when i can go see my SO, as I miss her very much.

Holy sweet Jesus!!!

I just called DOS (just called last Thursday too ;-), and they told me twice 'the name checks are complete", but that an interview date has not been made.

So that's for sure done right? I mean, they have accurate info right?

I guess that $100 bill I put in the envelope helped!

Anyways, hopefully we all get our P4 around the same time!!! :unsure:

K-1

I-129 sent 9/24/06

NOA 10/4/06

sent to NVC 12/4/06

NVC sent to Guangzhou 1/6/07

P3 received in China 4/13/07

P3 forms mailed 4/16/07

interview date: not yet (as of 6/4/07

toward the top right corner of the page there's 'My Controls'. Click that then Edit Signature on the left panel and you can add that to your signature so all future posts will have it then the world will keep going round.

I'm here with you brothers. GUZ received the P3 papers May 18.

Welcome to another "sit on your hands" period.